Hello from the U.S. Midwest

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Hello from the U.S. Midwest

Postby RorysStrat » 05 May 2012, 02:57

Hello all, I am somewhat apprehensive about stepping onto this hallowed ground dedicated to my favorite guitarist and singer of all time. I don't give that title lightly. I just know in my soul that Rory was born to sing and play and he is the most natural and pure blues / rock musician I have ever experienced. I love Rory. I have purchased everything I can get my hands on since I heard Rory in the mid 70's and I was crushed at the time of his passing. It is a milestone in my life for sure. I hope to someday visit Ireland and the memorial there. I was so surprised and delighted to see the "Notes from San Fransisco" release and I love the Youtube videos out there that I would not have otherwise seen. I wish we could find some unreleased material again! I don't think I can go a week without RG in my music rotation. It's just what I love and who I am . As Rory said on the Top Priority album, "Won't you follow me?" I took him seriously and have been following for years. My dream purchase would be one of those Fender Strat's modeled after Rory's. I wish I had the cash for that! I look forward to reading the posts here and just sharing the air with like minded fans who miss our hero!
RorysStrat

Re: Hello from the U.S. Midwest

Postby JimLED » 05 May 2012, 07:31

Welcome to our company, RorysStrat! :)

jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Sinner Girl » 05 May 2012, 11:48

Very warm welcome to Roryland, RoryStrat
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Jay Jay » 05 May 2012, 14:00

RorysStrat wrote: I don't think I can go a week without RG in my music rotation. It's just what I love and who I am . As Rory said on the Top Priority album, "Won't you follow me?" I took him seriously and have been following for years.

Ditto for me too RoryStrat .. and a very warm welcome to Rory's Forum :)
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 05 May 2012, 17:44

great introduction! welcome ON THE BOARDS
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Flamenca » 06 May 2012, 14:32

Welcome On The Boards!