Rory Gallagher Tributes (Band Gigs)

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Rory Gallagher Tributes (Band Gigs)

Postby chrissy d » 30 Mar 2010, 19:20

check out zero resistance in the empire Belfast this sat nite.they will play some rory as they get ready for Ballyshannon!
STILL GOT THE BLUES !
chrissy d

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Mar 2010, 19:54

Thanks for the info chrissy d ...

Wish I could come over to see them. Unfortunately cannot afford to get over to the Emerald Isle twice this year ...
I'll just have to wait a few more weeks and see them at the Rory fest :)

Rockin' on for Rory, JJ ;)
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Apr 2010, 18:35

Rock on Rory Tribute bands :P
Jay Jay

Postby chrissy d » 04 Apr 2010, 18:06

saw zero resistance at the empire Belfast last night .played a good few rory songs.messin with the kid rocked.check them out in ballyshannon!
STILL GOT THE BLUES !
chrissy d

Postby rifles » 08 Apr 2010, 11:29

Jay Jay My Band The Bullfrogs will be playing a number of Gigs packed with Rory Numbers over April . First two are

09th April - The Fox & Hounds Fleet Hampshire

12th April - Stormy Monday Club, The Bulls Head Barnes London

and more in Ruislip Bedford area and Kingston Surrey

I would love to see and meet any Rory fans that may be interested Derek

http://www.bullfrogband.co.uk/
rifles

Postby groundhog » 08 Apr 2010, 12:34

I don't usually get to see many tribute bands down this corner of the woods :( but i did see a great local band,Charly Braun,
doing a tribute to Rory last november,the guy said before he started, that after watching Rory play,he knew that was all he wanted to do with his life,to try and play like him.He covered the whole Rory history that night,going from Taste and from album to album,really done Rory proud.Today i discovered that The Groundhogs are touring Germany and coming to a venue
near me and guess who the support band is..Charly Braun.An inspired by Rory man and Tony Mcphee on the same night,i
never thought anything like this would ever happen to me :D :D Keep me going till the BIG Rory Tribute.

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby Simone67 » 08 Apr 2010, 12:51

there is quite a new Rory-Tribute Band out here in Germany,they`re pretty good ! Called "Top Priroryty" :D There is "Brute Force and Ignorance" among many others as well, I know the guys,their former drummer,"Franzl" used to hve his rehearsal room next door to ours...grand times to remember.. 8-) -but in May I´m going to see Sinner Boy for the 2. time, in Euskirchen,which I´m really looking forward to!

Rock on for RORY !!!!!
Simone67

Postby groundhog » 08 Apr 2010, 21:39

groundhog wrote:I'm hoping to see the full set of these guys this year.Seen them shortly 2 years back and was very impressed.

Zero Resistance,penciled in for friday night at the bridgend bar :)
groundhog

Postby groundhog » 20 Apr 2010, 14:31

groundhog wrote:I don't usually get to see many tribute bands down this corner of the woods :( but i did see a great local band,Charly Braun,
doing a tribute to Rory last november,the guy said before he started, that after watching Rory play,he knew that was all he wanted to do with his life,to try and play like him.He covered the whole Rory history that night,going from Taste and from album to album,really done Rory proud.Today i discovered that The Groundhogs are touring Germany and coming to a venue
near me and guess who the support band is..Charly Braun.An inspired by Rory man and Tony Mcphee on the same night,i
never thought anything like this would ever happen to me :D :D Keep me going till the BIG Rory Tribute.

Cheers...Kenny

Just recieved mail that The Groundhogs and the Munich Rory man gig has been cancelled! :cry: Well, the next concert for me is Ballyshannon then.What about you guys,do you get the chance to see a Rory tribute before the Big one?
What are the Rory tribute bands up to?

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby jimmcc » 20 Apr 2010, 14:58

Kenny, didnt Tony Mcphee have a stroke recently?
jimmcc

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome