RORY ~ The Beatles ~ Lennon or McCartney?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Where Rory lived between concerts

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Dec 2012, 05:56

[quote="loulamb"]There seems to be a resemblance between Rory and John particularly in the 60's, Paul not so sure. Here is John and Rory or Rory and John :?

Yes yes that's what I mean and there are plenty more photos on this site where I would say they look like cousins.
RobertaSparrow

Re: RORY ~ The Beatles ~ Lennon or McCartney?

Postby loulamb » 10 Dec 2012, 22:46

Ah didn't see the photo with Rory and Paul we picked the same photos for comparison I see it too!

Yes yes that's what I mean and there are plenty more photos on this site where I would say they look like cousins

Me too I always thought this with lennon!

I had the idea that John admired Rory musically and maybe saw some of himself in him and vice versa, and with their Irish heritage. Because Lennon was supporting Taste;
'Taste lit up London – John Lennon described them as “the only band worth seeing” '- of course!

With denim included both pictures from about 68 I think same time as the quote

ImageImage
loulamb

Postby loulamb » 10 Dec 2012, 23:25

Realised Jay Jay and Robertasparrow said this about John Lennon recognising Rory at this time, yes it seems many musicians were taking note of Rory, Clapton and cream included, it must have been unnerving to see this Rory kid bringing it back to earth , whilst they had been getting quite hedonistic and jet setting!

The picture of Lennon above was from the Rock circus quite funny because Rory never did like the 'circus type' approach'!
loulamb

Postby Simone67 » 19 Dec 2012, 12:15

...I think the Paul/John resemblance varies a bit from picture to picture.- But then,also I think that in the 60-70`s every musician or Band looked like the Beatles anyway.
Simone67

Postby Tim23 » 03 Jan 2013, 13:32

Rory is Rory, thank god he was not like either of these two hypocrites.
I don't want to start an argument but Len and mac have many faults and I don't even like their music
Tim
Tim23

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Jan 2013, 00:06

Tim23 wrote:Rory is Rory, thank god he was not like either of these two hypocrites.
I don't want to start an argument but Len and mac have many faults and I don't even like their music
Tim

Funny that's what Todd Rundgren said, and what Mark David Chapman said after he shot John in the back. Rory liked John, anyway.

And we aren't talking personality faults here, musical styles, or talent. We're talking mere superficial resemblance. This thread is actually two similar threads merged into one, the first being did Rory resemble John or Paul,. That one began before I started reading this site. JayJay merged this into that one because, well because. But I posted an observation on the site a while back because I had always thought Rory and John bore very similar features. I thought that the first time I saw Rory play, and now when I see video of him I can see it even more. I merely mentioned that and asked did anyone else happen to notice it too. When the camera catches him at just the right angle Rory bears almost a familial resemblance to John Lennon. John Lennon's grandfather was Irish, and like it or not Rory and John were both very musically gifted. Different people, different styles. But around the eyes and the shape of the nose, I see it. And something else that I can't quite put into words. I just think that if you trace their respective lineages you will probably find some crossed paths. For the record I think Rory was a much better musician than John, but John was pretty damn good too.

I was watching Rory's Rockpalast DVD (I got it for Christmas), and it's so much clearer than the YouTube versions. On that video the resemblance is even more striking. For example- (and please note- Is he not doing a Lennon impression there at the very beginning? ;) )

RobertaSparrow

Postby Tim23 » 04 Jan 2013, 10:53

Yes, I must admit there is a similarity with John especially the slanted eyelids
I,m not so sure about their family lines crossing, there are an awfully lot of people in Ireland, but you never know.

I always thought John looked a bit japanese, but many Irish have a certain glint in their eyes.
Tim
Tim23

Postby Olav » 04 Jan 2013, 11:36

Rory was very beautiful when he was not ill. I can't say this about Lennon.
Olav

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Jan 2013, 13:59

Rory was Rory. He was stunningly handsome when he was well. IMHO he was always beautiful, and he always will be.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Olav » 04 Jan 2013, 16:55

Yes, he was beautiful all the time. I agree with you. He had real soul which nobody else had.
Olav

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome