General Discussion

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: General Discussion

Postby Jukka » 08 Apr 2010, 23:06

Hi Jim.

Sorry, nope.
Big in the 70's...Í would put the band in category "hard rock".

Come on you Scots (or anyone).

Jukka
Jukka

Postby jimmcc » 09 Apr 2010, 01:35

where jesus came from....cryptic clue
jimmcc

Postby groundhog » 09 Apr 2010, 05:17

Good Morning Jukka,
Actually i'm still in my work,night shift.It must be Nazerath with Dan McCaferty :)

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby Jukka » 09 Apr 2010, 05:25

Aye Jim & Kenny,

their songs (to mention few) "Razamanaz", "Hair Of The Dog", "Miss Misery", "Go Down Fighting" still rock after all
these years

cheers, Jukka
Jukka

Postby groundhog » 09 Apr 2010, 07:13

What time zone are we using here? what happened to good old GMT! just noticed i posted at 4:20am,wonder where that
was :? Have a good weekend Jukka.

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby TIM » 09 Apr 2010, 14:49

Hi folks,
Nazareth are still touring, seen them a couple of times recently. Always do good cover versions.
Danny has the most amazing voice still. He should have been recruited into AC/DC after the demise of Bon Scott,
not that poser from Geordie.
I do think the Scots have the upper-hand when it comes to good gravelly voices, Alex Harvey, Frankie Miller and my all time
favorite, the great Jim Dewar.
Rod Stewart!!!! I know he sold out big-time, but let me finish. Check out his first two solo albums. Some great stuff there.
TIM
TIM

Postby jimmcc » 09 Apr 2010, 15:24

early Rod was legendary jeff beck truth album is fantastic plus some of the faces albums were also great.Not keen on him now though
jimmcc

Postby TIM » 09 Apr 2010, 15:39

Hi Jim,
Those first two Jeff Beck albums and the Faces albums were terrific.
Faces gigs were always fun, they were always pissed and it was like a big party.
I recently bought a compilation CD of Rods called The Mercury Years or something like that. All his good early stuff before he got involved with Britt Ekland and made a complete twat of himself. Lucky Sod!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers
TIM
TIM

Postby jimmcc » 09 Apr 2010, 15:43

I went to a rod stewart concert circa 1975.he spent most of the concert kicking footballs into the crowd.Also he would sing the first line to a song and the fans were singing the rest while he kicked the footballs,i was raging at this .purely pop music then and now
jimmcc

Postby rablove » 09 Apr 2010, 16:02

Hi Jim and Tim,
Couldn't agree more with your last comments.
Jim....you brought back memories there. I was also at that Rod Stewart concert in the Apollo (ticket given to me by a mate...no fee involved!!!). I too was totally unimpressed and spent most of the concert facing the crowd......cause there were some lovely girls in the audience. 8-) ...and I didn't even get a football to take back. Never was a good goalie :D :D

All the best
rablove

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome