General Discussion

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: General Discussion

Postby Jukka » 03 Apr 2010, 18:50

Hi there Rick,

just came from My Hometown from the west coast, been three days over there. Still snow around here, melting fast though

Just checking all the new posts,
cheers, Jukka
Jukka

Postby Rick K » 03 Apr 2010, 18:55

Just got my newest Rory item in the mail earlier today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Once Dalton quits playing his Bass and Scottie gets through the Penquin`s hockey game, hopefully the volume levels will go down enough that I can listen to this and actually hear it !

Happy Easter, Rick
Rick K

Postby Jukka » 03 Apr 2010, 19:16

Mike Batt & Friends - Imbecile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aHnQoOxOv0

Rory on guitar? :?:

cheers, Jukka
Jukka

Postby Rick K » 03 Apr 2010, 19:36

Hi Jukka,

It says on the album jacket that Jim Cregan plays lead guitar on that song, and that Rory, Martin Kershaw, and Ricky Hitchcock play "other guitars". Don`t think this is going on my favorites list, BUT at least I`ve picked up something else with Rory guesting to add to my collection of over 35 vinyls with Rory Gallagher Band, Taste, or with Rory guesting.

always lookin` for more, Rick
Rick K

Postby Jukka » 03 Apr 2010, 20:18

Hi Rick,

yes, by now I know your wide interest in various kinds of music and I guessed you wanted to have something
special and rare from Rory and this is really special , I just didn't recognize Rory's playing on the clip I attached and I
wanted to make it sure.

"always lookin` for more", it describes you well. I have never met (actually, I've never met you either personally, but you have so much Finnish music that no one else in Amerca because you showed interest) anyone else , so interested in music and many kinds of music. Keep it that way!
cheers, Jukka
Jukka

Postby jimmcc » 04 Apr 2010, 12:31

Well Guys ive sent several emails to big wull and up until now i havent had a response.So I think we will just have to wait and see if mike joins us in the future
jimmcc

Postby Jukka » 04 Apr 2010, 18:09

Tony,

quoting " Great posts, you never fail to make me :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Do I have to take your comment as an insult? You mean I'm a clown?
Or am I getting you wrong?

Jukka
Jukka

Postby Jukka » 08 Apr 2010, 21:20

MOUNTAIN OF POWER
"Volume Two"
14 Mega-Awesome 70s Heavy Guitar Jams
""Volume II" includes righteous, mind-blowing, heavy, retro-70s "cover jams" complete with extended lead-guitar action by the following bands/guitarists: FRANK MARINO & MAHOGANY RUSH, ULI JON ROTH & ELECTRIC SUN, UFO WITH SCHENKER, PAT TRAVERS, RORY GALLAGHER, LESLIE WEST, ZZTOP, BLACKFOOT, TRAPEZE, Y&T, OZZ, TRIGGER, SAMMY HAGAR and the RESURRECTION BAND "

http://www.grooveyardrecords.com/moptwo.html

Listened to track 11
11. BAD PENNY / KEYCHAIN (RORY GALLAGHER) (sample clip)
Sounded good, Bad Penny sample was just too short

Tribute project from Sweden...more Rory songs in the future, dudes

Jukka
Jukka

Postby Jukka » 08 Apr 2010, 21:46

Hi Kenny,
I see you are online...I was a victim of advertising in a local market today,,,"nice price cds for sale". I bought
a cd (3,5 euros) of a Scottish band from sunny Dunfermline...I guess you Kenny and other Scots know what band is in question?

cheers, Jukka

PS. Correction: You WERE online...I was so slow writing the message that you vanished into local Bierstube while I was writing :D
Jukka

Postby jimmcc » 08 Apr 2010, 22:09

Big Country maybe?
jimmcc

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome