Rory Gallagher ~ not mentioned as Taste Guitarist?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory Gallagher ~ not mentioned as Taste Guitarist?

Postby Jay Jay » 04 Oct 2011, 23:20

Here is an example where Rory sometimes gets lost in musical history ..

Rory Gallagher is here alright in this top 100 guitarist poll, which is a fairly recent poll :)
http://www.philbrodieband.com/muso_solo ... arists.htm
But look though Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page are credited to playing for The Yardbirds, at around the same era as Taste. But with Rory there is nothing. Just saying he only had a solo career?

As if he was never in a band before, Did they forget about the Isle of Wight with all the encores to 500,000 plus ..
WHAT'S GOING ON??
User avatar
Jay Jay
 
Posts: 4824
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:03
Location: In Your Town

Re: Rory Gallagher ~ not mentioned as Taste Guitarist?

Postby Leedelta » 07 Oct 2011, 11:58

Strange, but I suspect to some folks Taste and Rory were one and the same.
Leedelta
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 08 May 2011, 01:38

Re: Rory Gallagher ~ not mentioned as Taste Guitarist?

Postby Simone67 » 07 Oct 2011, 17:11

...It`ll always be the... same-old-story- I guess,sadly,that the true Greats,as long as the earthball has been spinning,were and are ignored or not recognized,simply because they don`t come rattlin` about in flamboyant garments,or running for the golden grail...... :evil:
Simone67
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 18:53

Re: Rory Gallagher ~ not mentioned as Taste Guitarist?

Postby asdesas » 07 Oct 2011, 19:16

Simone67 wrote:...It`ll always be the... same-old-story- I guess,sadly,that the true Greats,as long as the earthball has been spinning,were and are ignored or not recognized,simply because they don`t come rattlin` about in flamboyant garments,or running for the golden grail...... :evil:


So true, Simone!

Regards,
Richard
User avatar
asdesas
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 13:47
Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Re: Rory Gallagher ~ not mentioned as Taste Guitarist?

Postby innuendo » 08 Oct 2011, 13:25

i wouldn't get much upset over this jay jay. rory was practically taste and i don't diminish input from other guys. same goes for rory's solo career
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: Rory Gallagher ~ not mentioned as Taste Guitarist?

Postby SUBY1974 » 09 Oct 2011, 17:38

It's just typical! One day this must change and Rory must be given the recognition he deserved as an amazing musician. Subrata. x
SUBY1974
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:52

Re: Rory Gallagher ~ not mentioned as Taste Guitarist?

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Oct 2011, 19:37

innuendo wrote:i wouldn't get much upset over this jay jay. rory was practically taste and i don't diminish input from other guys. same goes for rory's solo career
SUBY1974 wrote:It's just typical! One day this must change and Rory must be given the recognition he deserved as an amazing musician. Subrata. x


I'm not upset Kruno at all. After almost 40 YEARS following RORY I'm used to it ..

As Suby says .. it's just typical of what is to be expected :roll:
User avatar
Jay Jay
 
Posts: 4824
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:03
Location: In Your Town


Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests