Greetings from Boulder, Colorado

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Greetings from Boulder, Colorado

Postby thesjkexperience » 21 Sep 2011, 21:02

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am Scott and a long time, guitar playing, Rory fan.

I discovered Rory while looking through the record store and the Against The Grain album caught my eye. I wanted to buy it because anyone who would play the paint off of their guitar must be pretty good! Unfortunately, albums were very expensive for me and I didn't get around to buying it. A few years later I started playing guitar and would haunt the used record stores and "cut out" bins for items of interest. I came upon Against The Grain again and this time it was only $1 as a cut out. In fact much or Rory's catalog was in there, so I bought Against THe Grain and one called Sinner and Saint which was songs from his first two LPs. I LOVED IT! So, over a two month period I got his entire catalog except for IT '74 which I didn't know about. I learned many of the songs and we even did Big Guns in my band which they only allowed me to do if I sang. My favorite album is his first solo album Rory Gallagher.

I got to see Rory only once when he opened for Rush in '82 ish and we didn't have good seats nor could I sneak forward to get a better view. I still play and can do at least 30 of Rory's songs really well and a few others I can jam along. I am getting more serious about playing slide in standard tuning on my Strats and LsL T-Bone and it is finally starting to sound pretty good!

My wife and I, after being married for 15 years, finally had kids. By this time I had converted my Wife to a Rory fan as well and I just got this vibe from the baby that we had a Rory coming. We didn't know the gender, but here in the USA the name can go either way. My Wife thought it was a good idea, so our oldest is named Rory! As it turns out he was born with red hair and the name means "The Red King"! His hair, at almost 7, is very blond, but he has all the girls after him and is two grades ahead in math and science! A King indeed!
thesjkexperience

Re: Greetings from Boulder, Colorado

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Sep 2011, 22:14

Hi Scott, a very warm welcome to Rory's forum.

That was a fab introduction .. thanks so much for Rockin' on for Rory :)
Hope you can bring yourself with your wife and young Rory one day to the Rory fest. Maybe even play there one year ;)

Rock on for Rory
Regards Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby thesjkexperience » 22 Sep 2011, 04:03

I'd love to! Maybe some day it will be close enough to attend with my equipment or at least a guitar.

I haven't really been to all the sub-forums yet, but is it ok to talk about bootlegs here? I have heard it can be a touchy subject with Donnel. I just don't want to cause trouble.
thesjkexperience

Postby innuendo » 22 Sep 2011, 05:42

welcome ON THE BOARDS
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Sinner Girl » 22 Sep 2011, 12:18

welcome on forum thesjkexperience
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby JimLED » 22 Sep 2011, 15:11

Welcome, thesjkexperience.

There's a lot of official Rory records yet, thesjkexperience. ;)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome