Rory and Paul Rodgers collaboration-why it never happened?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Rory and Paul Rodgers collaboration-why it never happene

Postby mike6262 » 29 Sep 2011, 02:18

I agree Richard! I think Eric's voice is more suited to acoustic music, maybe even folk music. That being said I own an Eric Johnson Stratocaster and I love it, I am 49 years old and have been playing guitar since 1972 and own 12 guitars at the moment and this is hands down the finest guitar I have ever owned or played. It is essentially a 1957 reissue Strat with custom wound pickups. God I love that guitar!!!

All great Strats were born in Fullerton, CA !!!
mike6262

Postby asdesas » 29 Sep 2011, 02:58

Did you know that ACTUAL EJ Strat, the one that the signature is patterned after, was recently being offered for the low low price of $39,000?

And yes you have it, Strats are not "made"--they ARE "born"!

Have you visited the thread, somewhere in here, where we guitarists share pictures of our babies? Nice stuff in there! Please show us your collection! (and forgive me if you already have!)

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby mike6262 » 29 Sep 2011, 06:56

When I get a photo of my gear I will post one. I wouldn't have thought EJ would sell the Strat that the signature was patterned after. Gotta tell ya though I just got rid of a Strat yesterday that I could'nt do anything with, it sounded awful, changed pickups 3 times, still sounded terrible. I put custom shop Texas Specials in it and it still sounded awful. American made Strat too. Thats the thing about Strats they are very inconsistent, never know what your getting. I find Les Pauls much more consistent.
mike6262

Postby asdesas » 29 Sep 2011, 07:38

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I thought I read somewhere that his 2005 GP cover axe was the one that became the Signature; a piece of history either way. And i totally hear you about Strats--I've had a couple of total duds over the years, and one magic one (not my current Strat, unfortunately, which is no dud but doesn't breathe pure Strattiness either, much to my aggravation.)

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby mike6262 » 29 Sep 2011, 14:32

39,000 !!!!!!!!!! I had a really hard time spending 2 grand for my signature model, but I am glad I did. I would never pay this much for a guitar, for no other reason than I would be afraid to take it out to gig with. I don't take my main guitars to certain gigs and none are worth 39G's. This will end up with a collector and never get played, and that's unfortunate.
mike6262

Postby innuendo » 29 Sep 2011, 22:42

i ordered new paul rodgers dvd live at montreux '94. i love paul, especially in free and bad company and i love queen + paul rodgers and what made me to order his new dvd (i also have live from glasgow from '07) is that brian may is guesting on one of the tracks.

here's one song from that dvd (rory would fit perfectly here)

I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome