Hi!

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Hi!

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 08 Sep 2011, 22:50

Hi there - I'm new to the forum but a long time (for a thirty something year old) Rory fan from the States. Just visited Ireland this past summer and made a special trip to Cork to pay respects and see the area - also saw Rory's corner in Dublin and his plaque up in Ulster Hall in Belfast. I'm also a (somewhat) performing musician and favor the Strat though I do dabble in some other instruments (inspired by Rory's Taste Sax licks no doubt). I love this site and the preservation of Rory's legacy by Donal and crew. Thanks for the site and forum!
bottleneckblues77

Re: Hi!

Postby JimLED » 08 Sep 2011, 23:23

Welcome to Rory forum, bottleneckblues 77!
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Sinner Girl » 08 Sep 2011, 23:30

Welcome on on the boards bottleneckblues77 » , I see in your nick word blues, maybe you're a fan traditional blues ??
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 09 Sep 2011, 00:30

Ha - yes very much indeed!

Sinner Girl wrote:Welcome on on the boards bottleneckblues77 » , I see in your nick word blues, maybe you're a fan traditional blues ??
bottleneckblues77

Postby Sinner Girl » 09 Sep 2011, 00:40

bottleneckblues77 wrote:Ha - yes very much indeed!

Sinner Girl wrote:Welcome on on the boards bottleneckblues77 » , I see in your nick word blues, maybe you're a fan traditional blues ??

I'm glad, because I love blues so much especially traditional blues my fav are Leadbelly, Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, and many more
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 09 Sep 2011, 00:43

It's great to be in the company of people who like good music. Thanks for the greetings!
bottleneckblues77

Postby asdesas » 09 Sep 2011, 05:05

Great to meet you here in Roryland! Looking forward to hearing from you On The Boards.
Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby innuendo » 09 Sep 2011, 10:23

welcome ON THE BOARDS bottleneckblues77
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Sep 2011, 15:07

bottleneckblues77 wrote:Hi there - I'm new to the forum but a long time (for a thirty something year old) Rory fan from the States. Just visited Ireland this past summer and made a special trip to Cork to pay respects and see the area - also saw Rory's corner in Dublin and his plaque up in Ulster Hall in Belfast. I'm also a (somewhat) performing musician and favor the Strat though I do dabble in some other instruments (inspired by Rory's Taste Sax licks no doubt). I love this site and the preservation of Rory's legacy by Donal and crew. Thanks for the site and forum!

Hi bottleneckblues and a very warm welcome to Rory's forum ..

Glad you saw all those Rory sites with your last visit to Ireland ..
Next visit to Ireland especially for a musicain must be to. The Rory Fest and Rory statue and Rory Gallagher Theatre in the place of Rory's birth Ballyshannon ;)
http://www.goingtomyhometown.com
Jay Jay

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 09 Sep 2011, 22:20

Thanks for the welcome everyone - Jay Jay I really wanted to go to Ballyshannon but it was just unfortunately not in the cards for that trip. But it is a great reason to come back!
bottleneckblues77

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome