Recent article in the Word by Charles Shaar Murray

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Recent article in the Word by Charles Shaar Murray

Postby jkconnolly » 13 Aug 2011, 13:24

Apparently an emotional piece about Rory ,referred to in Ross Halfin's online diary .I wonder if there is a copy archined somewhere?
jkconnolly

Re: Recent article in the Word by Charles Shaar Murray

Postby roryfan » 13 Aug 2011, 22:12

I found the quote you refer to, but can't find The Word article. You have me interested! From Ross' diary
London to Los Angeles today. Flew United 935 to Los Angeles. Read an old copy of The Word which had a great feature on Rory Gallagher and Glen Hughes. Rory I knew fairly well from around 1971 onwards. I'd worked in a guitar shop and even sold him his Moserite Twin Neck Guitar (for £160). He was, and I mean this, the NICEST most humble musican I have ever known. I read the Word article and got upset. Maybe it was the Percodan and wine which did it BUT Rory Gallagher was so great he should be cannonised. Really people love Lady Gaga - I love Rory Gallagher...
roryfan

Re: Recent article in the Word by Charles Shaar Murray

Postby onthetiles » 14 Aug 2011, 19:57

I was never sure about Murray but I take my hat off to him for that. Lucky sod.
onthetiles

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome