Rory just played on Radio 2 (briefly)

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory just played on Radio 2 (briefly)

Postby Rosemarie » 07 Aug 2011, 16:30

Had requested again this week that Johnnie Walker play Rory, but so far, unfortunately not. I then heard the start of Tattoo'd Lady. Adam Ant was talking about his 70's and he said he had been to see Rory play and that "in his lifetime, Rory had been a under-rated musician of great talent'. So at least Rory did get airplay.
Rosemarie

Re: Rory just played on Radio 2 (briefly)

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Aug 2011, 16:54

Rosemarie wrote:Had requested again this week that Johnnie Walker play Rory, but so far, unfortunately not. I then heard the start of Tattoo'd Lady. Adam Ant was talking about his 70's and he said he had been to see Rory play and that "in his lifetime, Rory had been a under-rated musician of great talent'. So at least Rory did get airplay.

Thanks Rosemarie for this info much appreciated :)

PS. You could have put this as well on the famous names speaking highly of Rory topic. Maybe better I'll just add Adam Ant to the list hey now?
Jay Jay

Re: Rory just played on Radio 2 (briefly)

Postby Rosemarie » 07 Aug 2011, 17:45

That's true Jay Jay, I did not think of that. I was just somewhat amazed that the occasional barren wilderness of mainstream radio gave Rory airplay.
Rosemarie

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome