"Famous Names" ~ That have spoken highly of RORY

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: "Famous Names" ~ That have spoken highly of RORY

Postby asdesas » 18 Aug 2011, 09:01

That's great, Nadine, thanks for posting it. Very heartwarming to read. Eric Sardinas is great!

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby Jay Jay » 18 Aug 2011, 15:23

nadinechevalier wrote:Eric Sardinas ,one of the younger blues musicians is a fan of Rory .
A quote of an interview Eric Sardinas gave 3 years ago ,

Thanks Nadine..
Although maybe Richard can tell us.. How famous is Eric in the States or worldwide. Famous enough to add him to our list??
Jay Jay

Postby asdesas » 18 Aug 2011, 15:52

He has quite a following and has appeared in many guitar magazines. He used to get a little flak because people thought he looked a bit "Hollywood" but he is a monster player and is very true to his roots. I hear more Johnny Winter in is playing than anyone else--even when he's playing a Rory favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7aIyFJh ... re=related

He puts on a great show and really connects with his audience, so he gets a Rory style thumbs up in my book!

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Postby nadinechevalier » 18 Aug 2011, 18:48

Jay Jay wrote:
nadinechevalier wrote:Eric Sardinas ,one of the younger blues musicians is a fan of Rory .
A quote of an interview Eric Sardinas gave 3 years ago ,

Thanks Nadine..
Although maybe Richard can tell us.. How famous is Eric in the States or worldwide. Famous enough to add him to our list??

You don't know Eric Sardinas !? But ok Jay Jay , he's one of the younger blues musicians . ;)
Oh , btw. he was famous enough to be invited here ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXx8o8-T ... ideo_title

Thanks to Richard !!!
Nadine Chev.
nadinechevalier

Postby asdesas » 20 Aug 2011, 16:43

I don't think this one has made the list here--pardon if it's a repeat: Alex Lifeson:

"He was awesome. We opened for him in 1974, so it was great to do those shows with him in the ’80s. I learned a lot from him. All those pick-harmonic things I do—I got those from him. I also loved his use of syncopated delays. I think he was an essential player for that period, and he was just a terrific person. He influenced a lot of guys. He was a huge influence on the Edge."

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Sep 2012, 15:10

Pat Cash ~ Wimbledon tennis champion said this. On Metal Express Radio.

Who are the bands that you rate the most highly now?

I like a bit of everything really. I’ve always loved Blues stuff. There’s something about it and I try to find some real fast Blues players. That’s one of the things I love, whether it’s Stevie Ray Vaughan or Rory Gallagher. I just love Rory Gallagher. For a guy playing in the 60`s and 70`s to play like that, as fast and brilliant as he was, was just fantastic. I actually got the chance to meet him once, very briefly. I used to do quite a lot of charity gigs around Wimbledon time and we used to get a load of guys to come in, like the guys from Maiden, who are mates of mine. So I managed to meet him during one of these shows.
Actually I was a member of The Cult for about a minute too. They split up and there were rumours that they were getting back together again and they were playing at a charity gig which was mine and I was up there playing “Wildflower” with them so I always say that I was in The Cult for a while. I’ve heard they’ve just got themselves a new record deal. They’re a really good band.
Jay Jay

Postby Strat59 » 21 Sep 2012, 17:48

21 / 9 / 2012 Jimmy Page (again) voices his praise for - Rory ! :D Jimmy always was & still is a Class Act .

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0921/ledzeppelin.html
Strat59

Postby LittleMissBlues » 06 Oct 2012, 12:19

I'd add Joe Bonamassa to the list...he always speaks highly about Rory..

Ryn
LittleMissBlues

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Oct 2012, 12:51

LittleMissBlues wrote:I'd add Joe Bonamassa to the list...he always speaks highly about Rory..

Ryn

Yes Ryn, I will have to add Joe to list now after his rise to fame in the few years. From playing at small venues to playing at the large arena's now.
Plus with his inclusion in the super group 'Black Country Communion' too.
He is definitely up there with the best guitarist around these days .. that always site Rory as an influence. :)

Joe B with Rory Strat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome