No smoke without fire!

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: No smoke without fire!

Postby SUBY1974 » 27 Aug 2011, 23:30

Hi Innuendo. No as a woman I can totally say he looks wonderful in 1974 - the year I was born. His hair was beautiful long, short, wavy etc. On the other hand my hair without my GHDs ( thank God for them and the best thing to happen in the 21st century for a woman, along with the Iphone, Ipad, Internet, etc) is something definitely from a horror movie!It is just awful!If i did post a picture of myself with my actual natural hair I think everyone on this board will a run mile!!! LOL!!!!!! I prefer men with long
hair - the River Phoenix look of the early 90's. Rory's hair is just lovely. I bet its silky and soft. Yeah! I do look at pictures of my parents hair in the 70'S. Everyone seems to have long hair back then! Well of course it was the style. My dad had so much and now most of its gone LOL!!!
SUBY1974

Postby Tokeiihto » 28 Aug 2011, 03:36

SUBY1974 wrote:My dad had so much and now most of its gone LOL!!!

A dreaded fear of almost every man on this planet. :lol:
Personally I wear my hair long as long as my slowly receding hairline (sadly inherited from my mother's family's male side) starts to make its presence too strongly felt.

But yeah, while the Elvis look actually quite suits him, my mental image of Rory will always be him with long, wavy hair - and without a cigarette ;) , though I really wouldn't be bothered had he indulged that (admittedly bad but common) habit.
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
Tokeiihto

Postby innuendo » 28 Aug 2011, 11:40

i like when rock stars have long hair and some normal people look much better with long hair than with short (a guy from work who cut his long hair comes to mind) but the only problem is when a male has a long hair over a long period of time it actually makes his hair weaker and it does start to fall off. it would be good for guys with long hair once in a while to cut their hair really short (like 1 mm short) cos that's good for strength of the hair. but i have to say if i had long hair now i wouldn't cut it that short (i had it cuople of years ago). ok, sorry people, i know i'm completely off topic
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby lonelymile » 30 Aug 2011, 17:23

innuendo wrote:don't you think that rory's hair style in irish tour gave him sort of werewolf look?

It's an unusual haircut, but no I don't think he looks like a werewolf at all. But isn't there a Rory bootleg called something like "The Irish Werewolf?" I don't know whether the reference was to Rory's hairiness or whether this referred to his ability to transform from a polite and shy Irish gentleman into a no holds barred wild man on stage :)
lonelymile

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Aug 2011, 19:10

lonelymile wrote:"The Irish Werewolf?" I don't know whether the reference was to Rory's hairiness or whether this referred to his ability to transform from a polite and shy Irish gentleman into a no holds barred wild man on stage

Lol Elaine,
I've not got this boot " The Irish Werewolf " but I've seen the cover picture a few times many years ago. It shows Rory face profile with his hairy sideburns..
As a male with sideburns myself I always though that it was about this, the werewolf thing. But I can see exactly what you mean above there..
As Donal below sort of hints about Rory's wildness on my signature.. Yes the transformation of Rory off stage to on was something to behold :)

Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Simone67 » 31 Aug 2011, 01:13

Rory was always gorgeous,shorter hair,longer hair or hair almost down to his a... like in the Taste days...

Reg. the vid.clip from Irish Tour movie that milka has put up. That`s the one I meant,people must have mistaken his finger for a cig.,and what looks like dew or fog for cig.smoke.
Simone67

Postby Sinner Girl » 01 Sep 2011, 19:33

Simone67 wrote:Rory was always gorgeous,shorter hair,longer hair or hair almost down to his a... like in the Taste days...

I agree with every word you wrote ;) ;) ;)

Gorgeous Rory with a shorter hair ♥ ♥ ♥
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby blues blooded » 08 Oct 2011, 17:56

[quote="innuendo"][quote="Sinner Girl"]No, I have to admit that as a female, Rory looks beautiful, and gorgeous in period 1974 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and, I love his hair[/quote]
i think his hair in '74 (not that it's bad) looks like he's playing werewolf in some horror movie[/quote]

I dunno - Mr May is suffering from Whitesnake circa 1987 in your avator! - (hi Innuendo it' Lionessheart from Saxon :shock: )
blues blooded

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome