No smoke without fire!

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

No smoke without fire!

Postby Rosemarie » 02 Aug 2011, 22:21

These are the inaccuracies about Rory which are grindingly irritating. Why does somebody see something that clearly is not there in that particular frame in Irish Tour? Surely anyone who has purchased the Irish Tour dvd is deemed to be a follower of Rory's music and is, therefore, aware that Rory was a non-smoker.

Quote "Yes, Rory did smoke. Can't find the clip but on the Irish Tour DVD there is a scene where he is leaning next to a pond/river and having a smoke".
Rosemarie

Re: No smoke without fire!

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Aug 2011, 22:33

Rosemarie wrote:Quote "Yes, Rory did smoke. Can't find the clip but on the Irish Tour DVD there is a scene where he is leaning next to a pond/river and having a smoke"

I presume that's the scene that gave him the inspiration to write later on the song .. Smoke On The Water :lol:
Jay Jay

Postby Simone67 » 03 Aug 2011, 14:55

...what a load of rubbish !!!! I know that scene too well from irish Tour dvd.Rory seems figity and restless,but certainly NOT smoking !!
Simone67

Postby Sinner Girl » 26 Aug 2011, 11:59

Simone67 wrote:...what a load of rubbish !!!! I know that scene too well from irish Tour dvd.Rory seems figity and restless,but certainly NOT smoking !!

This is the scene from the Irish tour from song ''A Million Miles Away'' or video 3:26min

He looks relax, and restless NOT smoking , here is a live clip(gif) :

Last edited by Sinner Girl on 27 Aug 2011, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby lonelymile » 26 Aug 2011, 17:34

we can now see why that mistake occurred in the first place though, because of the movement of his fingers Rory looks like he may be holding a cigarette but of course he is not!
Thanks for posting that, Milka!
lonelymile

Postby JimLED » 26 Aug 2011, 18:13

I think these rumours came from people who has a poor VHS qulity Irish Tour video cassete...
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Sinner Girl » 26 Aug 2011, 23:31

You are very welcome lonelymile

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby innuendo » 27 Aug 2011, 13:05

don't you think that rory's hair style in irish tour gave him sort of werewolf look?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Sinner Girl » 27 Aug 2011, 15:43

No, I have to admit that as a female, Rory looks beautiful, and gorgeous in period 1974 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and, I love his hair

Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby innuendo » 27 Aug 2011, 17:03

Sinner Girl wrote:No, I have to admit that as a female, Rory looks beautiful, and gorgeous in period 1974 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and, I love his hair

i think his hair in '74 (not that it's bad) looks like he's playing werewolf in some horror movie
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome