RORY PLAQUE @ ULSTER HALL ?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: RORY PLAQUE @ ULSTER HALL ?

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 30 Sep 2011, 11:20

You can still get in to see it pretty much anytime. I was just there in June and one of the security people actually let me go in right as they were closing and look at the stage (and that wonderful organ). It was pretty damn cool.
bottleneckblues77

Postby Sinnerboy » 30 Sep 2011, 13:10

Oooh bottleneckblues I'm gonna make you really sick now - I've played on that stage - twice!

The soundcheck in the afternoon was just like any other but when I walked out for the gig in front of 1200 Roryfans, plugged in my guitar and stood in the spot where Rory used to stand and opened my mouth...nothing came out! I just choked up with the emotion.
One of the greatest memories of my life and always a reminder of how lucky I am! :P

BB
Sinnerboy

Postby photofinish » 30 Sep 2011, 22:07

Sinnerboy wrote:Oooh bottleneckblues I'm gonna make you really sick now - I've played on that stage - twice!

The soundcheck in the afternoon was just like any other but when I walked out for the gig in front of 1200 Roryfans, plugged in my guitar and stood in the spot where Rory used to stand and opened my mouth...nothing came out! I just choked up with the emotion.
One of the greatest memories of my life and always a reminder of how lucky I am! :P

BB

Fantastic night that Barry..... nearest i ever got to seeing Rory in Ireland...... and what a thrill to see so many young people enjoying the night...... made me feel so proud it did...... :) :) :)
photofinish

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Sep 2011, 23:39

photofinish wrote:
Sinnerboy wrote:Oooh bottleneckblues I'm gonna make you really sick now - I've played on that stage - twice!

BB

Fantastic night that Barry..... nearest i ever got to seeing Rory in Ireland...... and what a thrill to see so many young people enjoying the night...... made me feel so proud it did...... :) :) :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Jay Jay

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 01 Oct 2011, 01:51

BB

That is awesome.
bottleneckblues77

Postby Sinnerboy » 04 Oct 2011, 20:59

There's a really funny story from the gig too - during a number, I think it was 'Crest of a Wave', a glass of water was knocked over on the stage and made a big puddle in the middle of it - as i was playing a slide guitar solo I saw the crowd peeing themselves laughing, I turned round and a guy had walked on to the stage with a bucket and a mop and started mopping the water up! haha how mad is that?

BB
Sinnerboy

Postby jenniferj » 06 Oct 2011, 08:55

Barry, I choked up too when I read your post . When we were in Belfast last year Barry McGivern took Graham and I to Ulster Hall as we had never seen it when we were there before. Even though it had been refurbished, we could see just how it was in Rory's day and it felt like standing on sacred ground (well, as far as we are concerned, we were). It was magic and I felt we were a part of the scene in Irish Tour when Rory played there. I guess it's as close as we could ever get. It was a bittersweet experience and we are forever grateful to Barry for taking us there.

Jennifer.
jenniferj

Postby photofinish » 07 Oct 2011, 12:19

jenniferj wrote:Barry, I choked up too when I read your post . When we were in Belfast last year Barry McGivern took Graham and I to Ulster Hall as we had never seen it when we were there before. Even though it had been refurbished, we could see just how it was in Rory's day and it felt like standing on sacred ground (well, as far as we are concerned, we were). It was magic and I felt we were a part of the scene in Irish Tour when Rory played there. I guess it's as close as we could ever get. It was a bittersweet experience and we are forever grateful to Barry for taking us there.

Jennifer.

Have a fantastic pic of Barry McGivern and myself stood outside The Ulster Hall and the Plaque on that night it was unveiled.

A very emotional night it was too....... was only thinking about it the other night..... :D :D :D
photofinish

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome