On this date in Rory history 4/21

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

On this date in Rory history 4/21

Postby roryfan » 21 Apr 2010, 10:44

4/21/1970 London GB The Marquee
4/21/1975 Leicester GB De Montfort Hall
4/21/1976 Hilversum NL Lowland Festival
4/21/1978 Birmingham GB Odeon Theatre
4/21/1982 Siegen D Siegerlandhalle
roryfan

Re: On this date in Rory history 4/21

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Apr 2010, 12:36

I knew one of Rory's gigs would appear up on here sooner rather than later I attended ..

Yes was at the Birmingham UK Odeon 1978 gig. Unusual for Rory to play here at this venue. All the other times I saw him play in Birmingham it was usually The Town Hall or Bingley Hall. I haven't got a great memory now, I think I got old timers disease creeping in already. Al this rockin' n rolling, is catching up with me I suppose.
Anyhow, what I can remember what stood out for me at this Rory gig was. Rory was not usually known for These big light shows, like say Pink Floyd and others. On this occasion it seemed the same. Until half way through the show, he burst into Shadow Play, with some strobe lighting included :o ...
To me it worked to great effect. The rest of the show as I found all Rory shows...
Amazing! building up to an intense climatic ending, with a couple of great encores thrown in :P

Rockin' on for Rory
Jay Jay

Postby groundhog » 21 Apr 2010, 12:53

JJ,i think you remembered it pretty good! I saw Rory a few times and always had an amazing night,but i couldn't tell you
any details about what he played etc.

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby TIM » 21 Apr 2010, 15:09

I know I always had a bad head the following morning, and ringing in my ears for a couple of days!
Well worth it. cheers
TIM
TIM

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome