rory re-discovered

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

rory re-discovered

Postby john » 07 Jul 2011, 20:15

Hi to you all, dont know where to start and dont want to be long winded but here goes anyway. I had an accident many years ago and had forgotten so much about music and who were my idols. a fortnight ago my mate was banging the hell outa my door at 12.30.am shouting "get up you lazy bastard and put sky arts on". I let him in and rory's irish tour was on, to say I was stunned would be puttin it mildly, I had been a fan of rory many years ago but had never seen him live or even any footage of him and as I said memory aint great. I watched this film of rory and I dont think i'll ever be the same again!. I wont use all the superlatives as I'm sure you know them all, enough to say, "rory,thank you from the bottom of my heart,the hour I spent watchin you play was spellbinding". I just sat there with my jaw dropping ever wider, my mate who is from lisdoonvarna county clare had tears ( I saw them,he denies it ) running down his face. Have tried to buy the dvd from this site but it wont accept my card, no probs though as I will get it from somewhere very soon.
R.I.P. Rory, you really were the best.
john

Re: rory re-discovered

Postby JimLED » 07 Jul 2011, 20:32

Warm welcome to the forum, John.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

To re-discover Rory...I hope this never be happen to me in future. Once, when I started interesting of Rory and when I've got a lot of his DVDs ...I tried to watch them all during the day... and I've got "rory's overdoze"... and about 2 months I couldn't hear or stand any of his music...

Jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby innuendo » 07 Jul 2011, 21:49

welcome on the boards john
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby john » 08 Jul 2011, 13:07

[quote="innuendo"]welcome on the boards john[/quote]

thanks my friend, its so good to find all this stuff about rory, its opened my eyes to what integrity really is.
john

Postby Sinner Girl » 08 Jul 2011, 15:35

welcome on the boards john
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Jul 2011, 19:37

john wrote:I watched this film of rory and I dont think i'll ever be the same again!.

Hi John a very warm welcome to Roryland ..

Rory really got into your soul now there is no escape ..
RORY IS FOREVER :)
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome