Record Collector

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Record Collector

Postby Tibor77 » 30 Jun 2011, 12:44

"The man who SWEATED ROCK’N’ROLL

Generations of rockers of every stripe would come together for one event: a Rory Gallagher gig. That ritual is long gone, along with the man himself, but the feeling lingers on for thousands of fans touched by his unfussy, unglittery artistry. Gavin Martin recalls the ultimate tragedy and undying triumph of Ireland’s greatest rock icon Rory Gallagher’s 1961 sunburst Stratocaster is aa prized rock’n’roll relic brought out of storage for special occasions."

A very good and personal article in the latest issue of Record Collector.(July 2011). link to the website (not the full article available)
Tibor77

Re: Record Collector

Postby lonelymile » 30 Jun 2011, 21:20

Hi Tibor thanks so much for posting! I will look for a copy.
lonelymile

Postby innuendo » 30 Jun 2011, 23:18

i sure hope someone will post some scans like with some previous magazines when rory was featured
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby slipkid » 02 Jul 2011, 03:23

innuendo wrote:i sure hope someone will post some scans like with some previous magazines when rory was featured

I think I still have original Guitar Player magazine from the '70's with Rory on the cover (have to dig around). Has that already been posted, or should I make the effort??
slipkid

Postby innuendo » 02 Jul 2011, 17:57

slipkid wrote:
innuendo wrote:i sure hope someone will post some scans like with some previous magazines when rory was featured

I think I still have original Guitar Player magazine from the '70's with Rory on the cover (have to dig around). Has that already been posted, or should I make the effort??

i don't remember that being posted. i think we all would much appreciate it if you could find it and scan it
innuendo

Postby slipkid » 02 Jul 2011, 19:12

Will do!

I just found it and will scan it in.....

Should I post it in this thread as attachments or would it be better to post links to it on something like photobucket?
slipkid

Postby innuendo » 03 Jul 2011, 21:37

whatever is more convenient for you
innuendo

Postby slipkid » 04 Jul 2011, 05:43

innuendo wrote:whatever is more convenient for you

I'll try just posting some attachments direct first - let's see how that goes. I have higher resolution but I reduced these JPGs down a bit to keep the files down to about 500KB each. Even that might be too big to post - or might not be hi-res enough to read, I'm not sure.

I will open a new thread and try posting the article there. Hopefully it will work and you guys will be able to read it as is, or download the JPGs yourself and zoom them on your own PCs.

Take a look at my new thread and let me know how it looks guys....
slipkid

Postby Sinner Girl » 04 Jul 2011, 12:28

slipkid wrote:
innuendo wrote:whatever is more convenient for you

I'll try just posting some attachments direct first - let's see how that goes. I have higher resolution but I reduced these JPGs down a bit to keep the files down to about 500KB each. Even that might be too big to post - or might not be hi-res enough to read, I'm not sure.

I will open a new thread and try posting the article there. Hopefully it will work and you guys will be able to read it as is, or download the JPGs yourself and zoom them on your own PCs.

Take a look at my new thread and let me know how it looks guys....

I'm looking forward to scans. I recommended you that you up upload via image shack, because pics is in Higher resolution ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome