RORY GALLAGHER ~ In The Beginning ~ Take It Easy Baby

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY GALLAGHER ~ In The Beginning ~ Take It Easy Baby

Postby Jay Jay » 29 Jun 2011, 15:50

I've questioned Daniel Gallagher within the past 24 hours about This 1st Taste Album ..

To my great surprise he reckons it is technically a bootleg.. I was wondering why it was not on Rory's official discography?
Well I've questioned him and asking if he's absolutely correct and sure?
Saying that I bought this album in good faith in the 70's, like many other Rory fans from a reputable HMV music store. It was released in 1974 by Emerald Records through DECCA RECORDS CO LTD, with copyrights and everything that looks legit??

Decca Records who produced major music artist like the Rolling Stones, would never allow this would they?

Even if it is technically a boot I think it needs to be released officially
'Cause it is afterall the "1st Taste Album" recorded in 1967 with Eric Kitteringham and Norman Damery
(Bonus tracks included please Daniel with Eric and Norman performing Blister On The Moon 1st also ;))

Showing really how it all began for Rory and a monumental part of
RORY GALLAGHER'S DEFINITIVE MUSICIAL HISTORY!

Early Taste of Rory.jpg

Your thoughts Rory fans?
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ In The Beginning ~ Take It Easy Baby

Postby Micky » 29 Jun 2011, 16:25

I have a nice later copy of TAKE IT EASY BABY released in 1976 with a nice front cover picture of Rory.

I would like to see LIVE AT THE MARQUEE 1968 released on cd for the first time, very live & raw.
Micky

Postby Jay Jay » 29 Jun 2011, 17:49

Daniel Gallagher ..

Those recordings were demos by the band to be sent to Decca to try and get a proper recording deal. They were never intended as an album release, but in 1974 when Rory was obviously very popular as a solo artist the Emerald Green label who had the demo masters released the recordings without consulting Rory, Norman or Eric. So Donal and Rory had the release stopped. It subsequently has been illegally released a few times but never has it been officially done, maybe if we put together a Taste box set we can do a proper / official release of the recordings with some other Taste Mk1 recordings.

Cheers,

Daniel
Jay Jay

Postby bullfrogger » 29 Jun 2011, 18:28

Jay Jay wrote:Daniel Gallagher.. maybe if we put together a Taste box set we can do a proper / official release of the recordings with some other Taste Mk1 recordings.

Cheers,

Daniel

Sounds like a plan to me...
bullfrogger

Postby Sinner Girl » 29 Jun 2011, 18:30

bullfrogger wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:Daniel Gallagher.. maybe if we put together a Taste box set we can do a proper / official release of the recordings with some other Taste Mk1 recordings.

Cheers,

Daniel

Sounds like a plan to me...

Yee that actually sounds good ;) ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby innuendo » 29 Jun 2011, 20:03

taste box set? bring it on!
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 29 Jun 2011, 20:48

innuendo wrote:taste box set? bring it on!

This is what we Rory fans want ..

" THE TASTE " Taste Mk1 as said here on this poster "Top Blues Group from Ireland " :D

Taste Poster.jpg

Major Minor Record label first ever single " Blister On The Moon " performed by Rory, Eric and Norman thee 1st Taste :D
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 30 Jun 2011, 06:10

anything from taste is very welcome cos there's so little of it officially released (and no dvds at all)
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Sinner Girl » 30 Jun 2011, 09:32

innuendo wrote:anything from taste is very welcome cos there's so little of it officially released (and no dvds at all)

I must say the The Taste video are released on beat club DVDs. I think that beat club released on 2 different DVD beat club 69 and 70's.But i wish that was all songs released on 1 DVD like The Taste beat club sessions :D :D :D
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Jun 2011, 09:40

Sinner Girl wrote:I must say the The Taste video are released on beat club DVDs. I think that beat club released on 2 different DVD beat club 69 and 70's.But i wish that was all songs released on 1 DVD like The Taste beat club sessions

No Milka,
I don't think there is any video out there of "The Taste" or Taste Mk1 ( Rory, Eric and Norman) you are referring to Taste Mk2 ( Rory, Richard and John)
Jay Jay

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome