How did you start listening to Rory?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: How did you start listening to Rory?

Postby Sinner Girl » 22 Jun 2012, 19:12

Hi, Inna very warm welcome to Loose Talk
I met members of the Deep Purple( Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Ian Paice) 2010, the guys are so nice and kind.
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Inna » 23 Jun 2012, 08:59

Jay Jay wrote:Hi Inna, and a very warm welcome to Rory's forum :)

I quite like Deep Purple too and I saw Mr Blackmore live before I saw Mr Gallagher and then it change my life forever for the best :)

Rock On for Rory

Thank you very much, Jay Jay, it feels so nice to receive such a warm welcome. :)
And when was it you saw Ritchie Blackmore if I may ask here ? :)
Yeah, I will rock on! Rory's music is forever in my heart!

Sinner Girl wrote:Hi, Inna very warm welcome to Loose Talk
I met members of the Deep Purple( Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Ian Paice) 2010, the guys are so nice and kind.

Thank you very much, Sinner Girl, for welcoming me so warmly! :) Ah, you are lucky to have met the three of Mk2 members! :) It's great!
Inna

Postby Jay Jay » 23 Jun 2012, 10:49

Inna wrote:Thank you very much, Jay Jay, it feels so nice to receive such a warm welcome.
And when was it you saw Ritchie Blackmore if I may ask here ?
Yeah, I will rock on! Rory's music is forever in my heart!

Hi Inna, it was 1971 when I first saw Deep Purple Mk2 at Birmingham Town Hall. Then I first saw Rory in 1972 at a gig near Birmingham..
I've forever rocked on for Rory since my teens..

Like tonight, I will be in Leicester UK ROCKIN' to "SINNERBOY" top RORY GALLAGHER Tribute band :)

ROCK ON FOR RORY!
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Olav » 23 Jun 2012, 13:58

Hello Inna! So glad that there are more Russian fans here! I felt always strange that Rory was not well known in Russia though people I met there were into good rock. Hope that you will feel here fine.
Olav

Postby innuendo » 23 Jun 2012, 21:58

welcome ON THE BOARDS inna. hope you enjoy it here
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Inna » 24 Jun 2012, 03:03

Jay Jay wrote:Hi Inna, it was 1971 when I first saw Deep Purple Mk2 at Birmingham Town Hall. Then I first saw Rory in 1972 at a gig near Birmingham..
I've forever rocked on for Rory since my teens..

Like tonight, I will be in Leicester UK ROCKIN' to "SINNERBOY" top RORY GALLAGHER Tribute band :)

ROCK ON FOR RORY!
Slainte Jay Jay

Hello Jay Jay,

thank you for your answer.
Oh my, it is just so incredible, you saw them live at the time of golden age for rock music!!! Oh, yes, it might be unforgettable!

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's gig. :)

Cheers! :)
Inna

Postby Inna » 24 Jun 2012, 03:14

Olav wrote:Hello Inna! So glad that there are more Russian fans here! I felt always strange that Rory was not well known in Russia though people I met there were into good rock. Hope that you will feel here fine.

Hello Olav!
Thank you very much for greeting and welcoming me! I like being here and it feels very fine!
Well, at least some of my friends who are into rock music know Rory Gallagher's music well. However, unfortunately, you are right, he is not well known in Russia.
I hope it will change. It would be lovely if we could see, say in Novosibirsk (which is a big city in Siberia), some Rory Gallagher tribute band..

innuendo wrote:welcome ON THE BOARDS inna. hope you enjoy it here

Hello Innuendo,

thank you very much for your welcome! I do enjoy being here! :)
Inna

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Jul 2012, 06:21

My boyfriend in the early 70s was a drummer in a local band in the San Gabriel Valley. Tim was an American of Irish descent, and he was really into Rory Gallagher's music. He was also really proud to see a guitar master from Ireland with such a wonderful understanding of blues and rock. Blues and rock & roll were very popular where I grew up- our own American music- it was the music our parents listened to. But the British took that same music and brought it back with a different interpretation, and that made it all new again. And Rory's style was the absolute best. My friends had all of Rory's albums at the time, so I first heard Rory's music at parties and other gatherings. My friends took me to see Rory in 1974, they had already seen him, but it was new to me, and it was an absolutely unforgettable experience.

There is really no way to adequately put into words, to explain to someone who has never seen him perform live what that experience was like. Suffice to say it bordered on the spiritual.
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome