Hi from new member

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Hi from new member

Postby richard » 24 Jun 2011, 07:46

Greetings to all from Texas. My introduction to Rory Gallagher was the Photo Finish LP not long after its release in the '70s. It instantly became my favorite album, and well over 30 years later it is still one of my favorites. "Overnight Bag" is one of the best songs of all time. I remember playing the LP on my stereo while I was moving into my dorm room in college, cranking it up as loud as my Bose speakers would go.

I'm looking forward to talking with others who appreciate the great music that Rory made.
richard

Re: Hi from new member

Postby Jay Jay » 24 Jun 2011, 11:49

Hi Richard, a very warm welcome to Roryland

Photo Finish is in my top five favourite Rory albums too ;)

Rock on for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 24 Jun 2011, 13:32

hello richard and welcome to the forum. if photo finish is your favorite album then you should get new rory album (which incudes a live cd) notes from san francisco which is basically photo finish session with different line up, different songs arrangements and also some never before heard tracks
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby roryfan » 25 Jun 2011, 01:15

welcome aboard!
roryfan

Postby richard » 25 Jun 2011, 04:01

[quote="innuendo"]hello richard and welcome to the forum. if photo finish is your favorite album then you should get new rory album (which incudes a live cd) notes from san francisco which is basically photo finish session with different line up, different songs arrangements and also some never before heard tracks[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the deluxe edition of Notes From San Francisco several days ago and am waiting to get it in the mail. I have all of Rory's albums on CD, except for a couple of the compilations, and most of them on vinyl, as well as the Taste CDs. It will be interesting to hear the different arrangements on Notes.
richard

Postby Sinner Girl » 27 Jun 2011, 01:29

Welcome on forum richard
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome