RORY GALLAGHER is FOREVER! (16th Anniversary)

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: RORY GALLAGHER is FOREVER! (16th Anniversary)

Postby Dwana Horner » 17 Jun 2011, 16:10

Jay Jay
47 post...all this proves is that Rory's still watching over us..and watching all these videos posted here. (I believe this and nothing can change my mind) I can still feel his spirit near me on occasion..I just have to "think his name" and he's there, listening
Dwana Horner

Postby SUBY1974 » 20 Jun 2011, 22:04

Post 47. Amazing these Rory synchronicities. They are just so amazing - proof he is here and looking after all of us. God bless you Rory .You are so loved! Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Micky » 24 Jun 2011, 15:02

I did have the GOOD FORTUNE to touch the man's (left hand i thinkit was?) at the end of the 'infamous' Town & Country gig in Kentish Town in north London in October 1992 (the very last time he played London). I was right down the front (stage right) and when he reached down into the fan's i grabbed his hand and squeezed it for about 3-seconds!!.

Good old Rory...
Micky

Postby Dwana Horner » 25 Jun 2011, 04:41

Micky
I bet you didn't wash your hand for a week..lol! :mrgreen: One of my friends from Australia got to shake Rory's hand, every time he calls me from Australia he brings it up..again , again and again..lol! Yeah, he hugged me really tight the night I met him..he had a grip on me that I can still feel..lol! Well , I kissed him on the check and he kissed me back the same way..everyone has heard this story adnauseam..lol! :roll:
Dwana
Dwana Horner

Postby Micky » 26 Jun 2011, 07:55

Dwana Horner wrote:Micky
I bet you didn't wash your hand for a week..lol! :mrgreen: One of my friends from Australia got to shake Rory's hand, every time he calls me from Australia he brings it up..again , again and again..lol! Yeah, he hugged me really tight the night I met him..he had a grip on me that I can still feel..lol! Well , I kissed him on the check and he kissed me back the same way..everyone has heard this story adnauseam..lol! :roll:
Dwana

TO RIGHT!.

Even though Rory played a sub-standard set (by his standards) I THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT!!.

I WAS BUZZING FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS AFTER THE GIG!!.
Micky

Postby SUBY1974 » 27 Jun 2011, 16:56

Mick and Dwana you are so lucky to have met him and see Rory play. So wished I could have. Oh well! What was his lovely hands like? I mean when I see him play the guitar in my dreams and on the videos I just think "My God his guitar playing hands were a gift from God!". Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Sinner Girl » 27 Jun 2011, 16:59

SUBY1974 wrote:Mick and Dwana you are so lucky to have met him and see Rory play. So wished I could have. Oh well! What was his lovely hands like? I mean when I see him play the guitar in my dreams and on the videos I just think "My God his guitar playing hands were a gift from God!". Subrata.x

Yeee I think the same like you, only in my dreams Rory plays to me

Milka
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby bullfrogger » 27 Jun 2011, 17:03

Micky wrote:I did have the GOOD FORTUNE to touch the man's (left hand i thinkit was?) at the end of the 'infamous' Town & Country gig in Kentish Town in north London in October 1992 (the very last time he played London). I was right down the front (stage right) and when he reached down into the fan's i grabbed his hand and squeezed it for about 3-seconds!!.

Good old Rory...

I was also very lucky to have met Rory in Leeds, he was such a humble and gentle man, I shook his hand and wished him luck for the show, we were later at the front of the stage during Rory's show and he acknowledged us again.. :D great memories...
bullfrogger

Postby Micky » 28 Jun 2011, 09:27

SUBY1974 wrote:Mick and Dwana you are so lucky to have met him and see Rory play. So wished I could have. Oh well! What was his lovely hands like? I mean when I see him play the guitar in my dreams and on the videos I just think "My God his guitar playing hands were a gift from God!". Subrata.x

The strangest thing was (and some of you will think i was imagining this?) but when i squeezed RORY'S out streched hand and held it for about 3-seconds it felt like HE DIDN'T WANT TO LET GO!!.

I destinctly remember thinking that at the time and still do, very strange feeling??
Micky

Postby Micky » 02 Jul 2011, 12:29

I love the live tv perfomance of Rory playing SHADOW PLAY at the 1979 Montreux Jazz festival when he gets down in to the crowd and carrys on playing, especially when a couple of young women start dancing and clapping there hands standing next to Rory- ABSOLUTE MAGIC!!
Micky

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome