RORY GALLAGHER ~ Should he have kept the first TASTE?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ Should he have kept the first TASTE?

Postby Jay Jay » 12 Jun 2011, 14:01

innuendo wrote:i have that, i didn't know that was mk1, thanks for the info

Hi Kruno,
Have you the Take It Easy Baby album, because on the In The Beginning album on Emerald Records, it tells you it's Eric and Norman playing with Rory, Taste MK1..
Or have you got a boot copy??

This is Rory waving goodbye at the final Taste concert in Belfast 1970 :cry:
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 12 Jun 2011, 15:07

i have a boot copy, i downloaded it from the net, i don't have original
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Micky » 17 Jun 2011, 11:08

innuendo wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:
innuendo wrote:i didn't know taste mk1 has something professionally recorded like this stuff from bbc. is there any more soundboard recording from taste mk1?

Hi Kruno,

Yes, there is the album "In The Beginning" An Early Taste of Rory Gallagher aka "Take it Easy Baby" recorded at the time when TASTE M1 used to play at the Maritime Club in 1967

i have that, i didn't know that was mk1, thanks for the info

Yes i have a 'very good' copy of this album TAKE IT EASY BABY a 'great picture' of Rory on the front cover, what year was this picture of Rory taken?. I believe this album came out around 1976 so obviously the picture wouldn't be any later then 1976 also Rory's hair is long onto his shoulders but not as long as it was around the time of the BLUEPRINT era).

I assume and i don't know this for sure but possibly because Eric & Norman were 'rooted in' the Irish showbands style of playing and performing there musicianship wasn't up to the level of Rory's musicianship therefore he or the record company brought in the other two. There was a simular problem that arose within DEEP PURPLE Mk1 when Rod Evans the original singer & Nick Simper the original bass player were 'dropped' because it was felt by the other three founding member's that those two were not up to the standard of musicianship of Ritchie Blackmore, Jon Lord & Ian Paice.
Micky

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome