People around you and your friends about Rory..

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

People around you and your friends about Rory..

Postby JimLED » 08 Jun 2011, 22:45

People around you and your friends what are they saying and thinking about Rory?

Last two years I'm trying not to share my natural Rory emotions to the people around me. Becouse, 90% of them not understanding you.
Once my work place has a lots of Rory posters at the walls...but now there's only one Rory poster. I'm didn't want to open myself to them to show them how much Rory's name is important to me. Becouse, it's only my feelings and I haven't any ways to share it around. Yes, I have a couple of friends who knows Rory and think he is a master of guitar and guitar viryoze and great guy, but.. most of them didn't have any Rory records in their own music collection.
My family not understanding my music tastes at all. My mother knows about Rory...respects his name.. but I'm not sure she's ready to feel one of his song.

Such a night story folks.
Have you yours?

Jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Re: People around you and your friends about Rory..

Postby innuendo » 09 Jun 2011, 05:51

interesting topic jim. at my work place i almost never mention rory although i'm always listening to mp3 player at work and some guys from work ask me what i listen to. there's 2 guys who are into rock, ok one is more into hardcore and another likes biker's music as he called it today (ac/dc, zz top, older hard rock really) and i didn't talk to him about rory, i just didn't feel like it. my parents are totally not in the same music planet (they know about beatles and queen of all the bands i like), my sister knows about rory and once she asked me to put same old story on-her friend put a song on fb or wrote something about it so she was curious. my wife knows of rory cos of me but i would say she doesn't like him or dislike him. i remember a few years back when i wasn't into rory a friend said to me he like him, thinking back on it it's kinda strange cos he's more into metal music
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby jenniferj » 09 Jun 2011, 07:40

Hi Jim. I mention Rory at work sometimes, they know that we go to Ireland for his Festival. They think it is obsessive to go to Ireland for the Festival. I don't see it that way. I don't mention Rory much to others because they are not interested in him, and not interested in hearing his music. I don't like to be pushy about Rory. If they ask, then I tell them. Our close friends all know how much we love Rory and they like him too, but maybe not as much as we do! At work I have got a Rory mouse mat, they think that's crazy.

Jennifer.
jenniferj

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Jun 2011, 11:15

Yes Jim, I could say very similar words about my friends and family around me. As far as Rory appears to them ..

At the end of the day, I look back and see all the years of pleasure his music has given to me. Plus all th wonderful friends I have met because of his legacy ..

If they don't get Rory's message of musical passion and love, it is their loss ;)

PS. It took my wife 25 years to get the Rory message. So there is time for others to be converted to the true musical journey of faith :lol:
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 09 Jun 2011, 11:54

Jay Jay wrote:Yes Jim, I could say very similar words about my friends and family around me. As far as Rory appears to them ..

At the end of the day, I look back and see all the years of pleasure his music has given to me. Plus all th wonderful friends I have met because of his legacy ..

If they don't get Rory's message of musical passion and love, it is their loss ;)

PS. It took my wife 25 years to get the Rory message. So there is time for others to be converted to the true musical journey of faith :lol:

jay jay how come your wife doesn't go with you to all the rory festivals/tribute bands?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Jun 2011, 11:58

innuendo wrote:jay jay how come your wife doesn't go with you to all the rory festivals/tribute bands

Hi Kruno,

She does now! and for the last 9 years :D Since she first went to the Rory fest 2003 and saw Sinnerboy she was converted and got the Rory message :D
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 09 Jun 2011, 12:35

I had remember JJ's wife posted here in forum by Mrs. Jay Jay nick name :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Jun 2011, 12:40

JimLED wrote:I had remember JJ's wife posted here in forum by Mrs. Jay Jay nick name :)

Nearly correct Jim .. Mrs Jay is thinking of joining the forum with one of her fav Rory songs as a username ~ Edged In Blue ;)
Jay Jay

Postby Simone67 » 09 Jun 2011, 12:42

.. I can really relate to all you have said...although my husband,brother and a close friend also share a great interest in Rory`s music,they can however not fathom that I am so uttely besotted by him ?!-Like that I listen to him every day,all day..it is too much for them.Unlike me,`cause I just can`t ever get enough of Rory.
Sometimes I think my hubby is a little jealous,because I have so many Rory pictures about,etc.-but he takes it easy enough,understands to some degree,because he is a fine guitarist himself.-
The people outside of my family either don`t know Rory or can`t understand his music,because they tend to listen to other types of music,so it is hard for me to talk to them about Rory and my passion for the man.

So I am very happy to be able to exchange my thoughts and feelings with my other "Rory-family" (you guys and girls) and one or two really close people I have befriended via the German Rory Forum and have met at the Holland-Tribute.This is so importand to me.-I don`t care anymore really,if anyone thinks I take it too far,or that I´m crazy...all that counts is that it makes me happy,and gives me strength and inspiration no end !!! :D :D :D :D
Simone67

Postby GRace » 09 Jun 2011, 19:43

Sometimes I think I'm the only one true Rory-fan from Russia. :shock: Over the past 5 years (the 5 years that I'm fall in love with Rory) I have not met anyone here for whom Rory would have been one of the primary musical heroes. Although, there are many people who know about Rory. And I have a couple friends - melomaniacs who have heard Rory and his music impressed them for some time, but he did not become for them what he is for me!

Apparently they do not perceive the special mental vibrations that emanate from our hero, those vibrations that penetrate into our souls and find a response there. Apparently we all (Rory-fans) "broadcast" on the same wavelength. ;)

The only one close person who understands me in this regard – this is my mom!

But the Internet gives us the opportunity to interact with like-minded people. For example, not finding a response in the hearts of my friends, I have found good friends, Rory-Friends (as we say) from Ukraine and other countries. One of them - is the author of this topic ;) Hello, dear Jim! :D

And I fully support the words of Simone67: "I am very happy to be able to exchange my thoughts and feelings with my other "Rory-family" (you guys and girls)!"

Grace
~Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music.
MUSIC IS THE BEST!!!~
GRace

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome