Hello

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Hello

Postby Richard Williams » 06 Jun 2011, 20:41

Hi

Doubt that I will have anything Earth-shattering to say and not much that has not been said already, but quick hello and to say that the first time I saw Rory was with Taste in March 1970 at the Manchester Free Trade Hall. Saw him a three times in post-Taste days including the Reading Festival in either 71 or 72. Always a terrific show, and he always seemed to have such a self-effacing manner about him. I know a couple of people who met him, and they always say how courteous he was.

Sadly, in 1995, I was taking a trip to the States and on the plane out I read that he had had a liver-transplant. I remember thinking that "it's OK, people manage well after a transplant these days. " Then almost the first thing I read when I got home was that he had not made it.

There can be a tendancy to overdo the hyperbole when talking about departed musicians; but he truly was one of the best.

Just got the "lost" album. I've got a long drive tomorrow and it will be played, loudly, at least 3 times - maybe 4 depending on how the M25 looks.
Richard Williams

Re: Hello

Postby JimLED » 06 Jun 2011, 22:14

Hello Richard!

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for sharing your memory!

I have a record at jam at the day when Rory passed away... but I didn't know him yet at 1995.
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby innuendo » 07 Jun 2011, 05:30

welcome to the forum richard
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Jun 2011, 21:09

Hi Richard a very warm welcome to Roryland

You got one up on myself and many other Rory Fans seeing Taste live. I saw Rory first in 1972.
Thanks for the Rory stories. Stick around you may like to read and hear many other with stories like your.

Rock on for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby bullfrogger » 07 Jun 2011, 21:34

Welcome Richard, you are among friends here, If you need anything just ask... :D

Steve
bullfrogger

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome