Would "Notes from SF have made Rory a US Star ? ( Yes, imo )

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Would "Notes from SF have made Rory a US Star ? ( Yes, i

Postby innuendo » 02 Oct 2011, 19:45

i really don't agree that rory would be household name if he played woodstock. there were a lot of artists playing woodstock that didn't became household names. it would certainly gave him more publicity at the time but that doesn't mean he would be more popular 40 years later. it was rory's decision that he's not going to be a superstar (that's one of the reasons he didn't wanna release singles). brian may explained it beautifully not so long ago when a fan asked him about rory
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Oct 2011, 20:53

innuendo wrote:i really don't agree that rory would be household name if he played woodstock. there were a lot of artists playing woodstock that didn't became household names. it would certainly gave him more publicity at the time but that doesn't mean he would be more popular 40 years later. it was rory's decision that he's not going to be a superstar (that's one of the reasons he didn't wanna release singles). brian may explained it beautifully not so long ago when a fan asked him about rory

Sorry Kruno, it's all about opinions but to me life is all about CHANCES you take..

RORY as you know is my ultimate "ROCK GUITAR HERO"..he missed his chance at not playing Woodstock :(
If he had played at Woodstock.. as I said before he would have been a " Household Worldwide Name now IMHO" :)

I've seen RORY closely for 40 years nearly .. he never really ever gambled on anything in life, as NFSF suggests but ...

DID N'T HE JUST DO GOOD NO MATTER WHAT :)
Jay Jay

Postby Simone67 » 03 Oct 2011, 18:58

.....and so he did !!!!!!!!
Simone67

Postby mike6262 » 03 Oct 2011, 20:26

I think the artists who did not become household names from Woodstock just were'nt that good to begin with, everyone knows these festivals have their share of filler acts. With Rory's talents and Woodstocks high profile, i think it was a perfect match. From all the film I have seen from Woodstock, Rory could have easily stole the show, Carlos Santana's career certainly took an upturn. Other than Carlos I am not sure there were any really guitar fireworks going on there, Hendrix set was to only a fraction of the people, and it was a terrible set. Yea Rory could have left Woodstock miles ahead of where he was in 1969.
mike6262

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome