Greetings from Brooklyn NYC

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Greetings from Brooklyn NYC

Postby Skeletonpete » 30 May 2011, 09:33

Hi -

I'm a life long Rory fan, who was lucky enough to sit a few feet from the man during his 1976 performance at the Bottom Line Club in New York City. A personal reminiscence and ticket scan can be found at the link below.

A link to my written coverage of the recent "One More Rory" Tribute show at the Iridium Club will be posted in the appropriate forum section, with photos to follow later in the week.

Glad to share. Hope you enjoy.

http://skeletonpete.com/?p=96

Best,
Pete
Skeletonpete

Re: Greetings from Brooklyn NYC

Postby JimLED » 30 May 2011, 10:21

Welcome to Rory forum, Pete!

You're lucky man!

Jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 30 May 2011, 12:33

Hi Pete, a very warm welcome to Roryland.
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 31 May 2011, 21:56

Skeletonpete wrote:Hi -

I'm a life long Rory fan, who was lucky enough to sit a few feet from the man during his 1976 performance at the Bottom Line Club in New York City. A personal reminiscence and ticket scan can be found at the link below.

A link to my written coverage of the recent "One More Rory" Tribute show at the Iridium Club will be posted in the appropriate forum section, with photos to follow later in the week.

Glad to share. Hope you enjoy.

http://skeletonpete.com/?p=96

Best,
Pete

welcome to the forum. i listened to a bootleg from bottolm line, nyc '76 just yesterday, it's amazing! the date was february 8th
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Skeletonpete » 04 Jun 2011, 15:59

Thanks for the warm welcome gents,

Glad to have a few things of interest to share.

The Bottom Line bootleg is from the night before I saw Rory. I was pretty meticulous about recording those broadcasts off the air back in the day. I used to get my parents - bless 'em - to push the buttons and flip the tapes if I was actually at the show. I have to do some basement archeology and see if I have a cassette of that in "the archives". Thanks for the reminder, you've given me a mission.

The Bottom Line always had two shows a night. Diehard fans of any act could purchase tickets for both shows and plant themselves for the evening. I was usually "point man" for the early show, arriving at noon to make sure my friends and I had a space right up front. I can't even estimate how many hours over the course of 20 years I spent sitting outside that place waiting for the 6PM doors.

It is a much missed venue here in NYC. Fortunately several similar venues have opened recently here in Brooklyn. The Bell House, Southpaw, and Brooklyn Bowl have more than picked up the slack and are even closer to my home.

Best,
Pete
Skeletonpete

Postby Sinner Girl » 19 Jul 2011, 20:22

Welcome to Rory forum, Pete!

You're lucky man!

Pete
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome