Rory Forum & Rory Facebook

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Rory Forum & Rory Facebook

Postby Sinner Girl » 13 Oct 2011, 16:40

This be a stupid idea to close forum or official site. I never think at this negative way, yee FB is most biggest but every musician should have official site, and forum. Yee in FB many people have fan page of Rory that is good , but we must
must be expanded voice of Rory's music. I do that on EB official site and put petition for Rename Cork International Airport to "CORK RORY GALLAGHER AIRPORT" and I get positive feedback of EB fans.
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby lonelymile » 13 Oct 2011, 17:36

BRIGGES wrote:Hi,
May I stress to you that the Rory Gallagher Page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/RoryGallagher), of which I'm an Admin since more than a year, has actually almost 59.400 'Likes', When I started last year with posting Rory's video links on the page, there were 'only' 32.000 'Likes', so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's an amazing increase of 27.400 (posted by Bibi). I'm not fishing for compliments, but things should be made clear in this forum.
My Rory Gallagher Video Page (http://www.facebook.com/RoryGallagherVideoPage) has 'only' 2176 'Likes' at the moment, which is not bad taking into account that I started it 9 months ago.
Best regards, Bibi

Hi Bibi, first I'd like to say that I'm on Facebook and "like"your video Rory page as well as what I consider to be the "main" Rory FB page. I love the FB pages and I know as fans we are all grateful for the dedication involved in maintaining them. But Facebook "liking" is more of a casual effort for the people who "like" it, (not for the people who maintain it, of course), and the members of this fan forum are a bit more likely to want to post in-depth.
When I first joined the FB Rory page, this forum hadn't yet opened. As soon as I found out about it, I joined it. And if my memory doesn't fool me, it was wall posts on FB that told me that Rorygallagher.com was back up.

The point I'm circuitously making is that FB can easily introduce potential new members to this forum, but a fan page forum is really meant for serious discussion and more extensive conversation. So the comparison in numbers between Rory FB pages and this forum shouldn't concern us too much. As well as this forum, there are also other fan forums and pages such as Chino's French Rory Gallagher fan site (not a member though, still restoring my French language skills), Shadowplays.com, and of course the glorious roryon.com...there's nothing keeping us from travelling to all these wonderful virtual Rory places.

Enough of my blather for now, :)

and thanks for the photos, videos, and all Rory related efforts (not forgetting the Cork airport re-naming petition),

Elaine
lonelymile

Postby BIBI » 14 Oct 2011, 00:24

NO...no way...nothing should close down! There is place for everbody, everything, everyone...that's my modest opinion!
BIBI

Postby BIBI » 14 Oct 2011, 00:41

Hi Elaine,

I would like to clarify the following: "The Rory Gallagher Video Page on FB is a tribute page to the memory of Rory Gallagher. The purpose of the FB page is to keep Rory’s music alive in all people memories and to introduce him to the younger generation, so they can discover a great musician, who died much too soon. The tribute page shows videos of Rory Gallagher as from 1968 to ...."

"The Rory Gallagher Page on FB was created in 2008 with the prime purpose of preserving and promoting the wonderful musical legacy of Rory Gallagher among present and future web generations."

I fully agree with you that the LT Forum is really meant for serious discussions and more extensive conversation. There is place for all of us, as long as we keep Rory's memory alive.

Best regards from Brussels, Bibi.
BIBI

Postby nadinechevalier » 14 Oct 2011, 13:18

BRIGGES wrote:Hi,
May I stress to you that the Rory Gallagher Page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/RoryGallagher), of which I'm an Admin since more than a year, has actually almost 59.400 'Likes', When I started last year with posting Rory's video links on the page, there were 'only' 32.000 'Likes', so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's an amazing increase of 27.400 (posted by Bibi). I'm not fishing for compliments, but things should be made clear in this forum.
My Rory Gallagher Video Page (http://www.facebook.com/RoryGallagherVideoPage) has 'only' 2176 'Likes' at the moment, which is not bad taking into account that I started it 9 months ago.
Best regards, Bibi

Unfortunately I'm still a bit stressed because of your message , Bibi !
Watched the growing FB page over the years , it was the great work of Hugo Angel . Who founded it , guess it was 2008 . What do you mean with - quote :" When I started last year with posting Rory's video links on the page, there were 'only' 32.000 'Likes', so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's an amazing increase of 27.400 (posted by Bibi). "
It's a bit immodest to mean it was only your work !!! There are some other admins also on FB , alot of other peoples too who love Rory and supported him over more then ten years after he (sadly) died .
We shouldn't start a contest of "LIKES" and " It's me who 's the best " .
Will say it with Canned Heat "Let's Work Together " ! I've so much respect for all active people who worked for Rory's good name and music over the years , after he died . :!:
All the best from Paris ,
NadineChev.
nadinechevalier

Postby BIBI » 14 Oct 2011, 14:31

Please don't stress yourself, Nadine! Hugo knows exactly what happened since last year on the FB page but that's internal kitchen. I will not get into any further discussion of who is doing what the best...it's keeping Rory's memory alive what counts! Best regards from Brussels, Bibi.
BIBI

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome