Rory Forum & Rory Facebook

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory Forum & Rory Facebook

Postby Jay Jay » 19 May 2011, 16:07

Hi Rory fans, Guys & Girls ..

I can't help but notice how well The Facebook "Rory Gallagher Group" is doing. It seems to flow along nicely for Rory. Well done Steve Cresswell (bullfrogger) and everyone contributing :D
This Rory Official Forum "Used To Be" about 3 or 4 years ago the only connection and place where Rory fans could find out and talk all things Rory..I'm sure the Rory fans will be happy to use both internet media's now. I can see Facebook is more casual and easier to access ..
For a preview or review of a Rory Gallagher Tribute gig or festival. This is the place to be and better to give us a longer and fuller preview / review me things. You can always feel free to post here anytime too. Afterall it is called "Loose Talk" the only official forum to RORY GALLAGHER ;)

What are your views ..
Can you ever have too much Rory?

Rock on for Rory
Cheers, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: Rory Forum & Rory Facebook

Postby Sinner Girl » 19 May 2011, 16:57

I'm must say that i promote Rory on tumblr.com , and I'm vary happy that younger fans like my posts , and appreciate his work and music :D :D :D
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Jay Jay » 19 May 2011, 17:04

Yes that's great Milka you do this :D ..

Is it a question / case of the more Rory sites the merrier then.. and can you ever have too much RORY ??
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 19 May 2011, 18:47

I just saw about 12 online here mostly Facebook members also ..

Rory is only getting a little feedback from his Vox AC30 and on his forum :lol:
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 20 May 2011, 05:39

i'm not on facebook but if i was i'd sure be on rory's fb group. and no jay jay, i can't get enough of rory
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby bullfrogger » 20 May 2011, 14:53

Hi Jay Jay, yes the FB site is doing fine, it is a closed group which means that introductions to it are made by friends who are already members of the group, this gives us a little bit of control should we need it.

We don't mean to 'Compete' with Loose Talk, indeed it's the opposite, promoting Rory Gallagher is what we are about and Loose Talk is 'THE' official forum, I recognise a lot of names on here who are also in the FB group :)

It is just easier to share links, pictures, video's etc. on FB and it's in real time.

Regards to all....

Steve :D
bullfrogger

Postby suedanor » 20 May 2011, 17:53

It really is a joy to see how quickly Rory's music is burning through the internet. There is something for everyone now: this forum, multiple FB pages (open and closed) and the many new and lasting friendships that have been formed with RG being the catalyst. The more info the better, especially for those of us in the US where there still need to be promotion done....but its coming along!!!!
Best to all!
Sue
suedanor

Postby Jay Jay » 20 May 2011, 21:13

Thank you Sue & Steve :D

I think like yourselves the more the merrier in RORY on both the Forum & Facebook. We all share Rory's continued spirit ..
We will follow you, where we are bound .. Like me to the Rory fest Ballyshannon soon..
To see all my Rory friends again to celebrate Rory's great ilfe :D
For you guys in the USA and North America, if you are going to the Rory tribute in New York City have a great time ..

Rock On for Rory. :D

Everybody else ..
Enjoy the weekend :D
Cheers, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 21 May 2011, 06:08

i sometimes look at fb pages of the artists that i like just to see how many fans they have. rory have only 50 000 fans (many of his fans, especially older ones don't use fb) but on last fm he has over 212 000 listeners
http://www.last.fm/music/Rory+Gallagher
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby bullfrogger » 21 May 2011, 15:26

Hi all,

It is true to say that Rory' has a legion of fans throughout the world, we are truly an international crowd!
there are lots of different way's we have found to share in the life and times of Rory.

Between us all we have found a lot of ways in which we can get involved, for example we have a number of personal tribute web sites such as mine, we have of course got the Official website, there are lots of different forums including this one, we have a fantastic resource in Youtube, numerous facebook groups, flickr, photobucket and lots of others.

My personal opinion is that the more way's we have of getting involved with Rory the better, not everyone wants to join everything - thats ok!

It is a personal choice as to how involved they get.

Rory's legacy is for us all to discover in whatever way we want to, and I noticed there were questions being asked about duplicating photo's onto different forums & sites, again that is essential for the very reasons I stated earlier - not everyone comes here, we must ensure that the material is available for all no matter what.

Just my view,

Rory On! keep the flame burning.....

Steve
bullfrogger

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome