Wall to Wall : Taste

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Wall to Wall : Taste

Postby ken » 14 Apr 2010, 21:53

Feel rather sad that it has come to this.......
Quite why the 2 remaining members of taste cannot sort out there differences with Rory's estate and go there own way i have no idea!.
John Wilson was a decent drummer, I understand that he has been one of the prime reasons why shall we say' that certain recordings of taste have not appeared, one day the story will surface no doubt. Saying all that, the musicians do deserve a decent percentage of the money as they obviously feel there talent made part of this unique group...... been 40 years now how much longer
ken

Postby groundhog » 15 Apr 2010, 07:01

ken wrote:Feel rather sad that it has come to this.......
Quite why the 2 remaining members of taste cannot sort out there differences with Rory's estate and go there own way i have no idea!.
John Wilson was a decent drummer, I understand that he has been one of the prime reasons why shall we say' that certain recordings of taste have not appeared, one day the story will surface no doubt. Saying all that, the musicians do deserve a decent percentage of the money as they obviously feel there talent made part of this unique group...... been 40 years now how much longer

Very true words ken.It is very very srange why these guys would block the release of their 'own' original recordings and go
around with this circus,destroying the name and the memory of Taste,really bad news :cry:
groundhog

Postby soupedupford » 15 Apr 2010, 10:50

not strange at all
its called " greed"

rory had many different drummers through out his career and several bass players,taste to final rory set up, but the talent was always rory- line up changes dont affect a GENIUS
TA
soupedupford

Postby Jay Jay » 15 Apr 2010, 11:40

That's right Barry ...

John Wilson & Richie McCracken formed a band after Taste split called "Stud " they could still go out with that name. Or the band they were both in before they joined Rory and Taste called "Cheese". It is obvious they are trying to cash in on the fame and success they had with Rory Gallagher ...

"CHEESY TASTE" .. maybe a more appropriate name for them hey :lol:

So why is there a picture of them on the first homepage of www.rorygallagher.com ??
Jay Jay

Postby jimmcc » 15 Apr 2010, 11:54

this getting ridiculous,first of all there is a guy called rory gallagher who plays "house music" then we have taste who in my opinion are cashing in on Rorys fame..As Jay Jay previously stated they were in bands before taste and were in bands after taste. I remember my one and only taste concert and they blew me away,now i have lost respect of the two guys who could really play along side rory.money grabbers the pair of them
jimmcc

Postby RoryButler » 15 Apr 2010, 19:39

Jay Jay Joy wrote:So why is there a picture of them on the first homepage of http://www.rorygallagher.com ??

When there's some new news which isn't the Taste tab book that picture'll be gone. :P
RoryButler

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Apr 2010, 00:11

I still think they should go out now without Rory not as Taste but ..

" CHESSY TASTE " :lol: or at least like Dave McHugh did with respect to Rory with the name " AFTERTASTE "
Jay Jay

Postby groundhog » 16 Apr 2010, 09:25

Although what is happening now is very sad,let's take a minute to think about this...Taste was one of the best bands who
have ever exsisted,sure the guys are greedy and trying to cash in on Rory's name,i seen the posters when they were here
'the original band of Rory Gallagher'.But do we really know what is happening behind the scenes?Why do they block the original material?they would also gain from that!This all kind of reminds me of when Big Gerry brought out the infamous Book
and everybody got the knifes out,althought he was Rory's bass player for over 20 years.I think we all know Rory was the main
man,but the guys around him weren't all that bad either.I won't be burning my Taste albums,let's put it that way :roll:

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby soupedupford » 16 Apr 2010, 10:34

hi kenny
i think that its not a "they" as more an individual who is particularly keen on having a slice of the cake
as you say- behind the scene-on the local front wilson is one hell of a drummer,but to tout this new taste release as something roryesque and great is doing rory a great dis-service
there are a lot of "names" hanging off the coat-tails of rory lookin for the easy ride
this is all johnny come lately stuff-if they were dedicated to rory then they would have been playing taste/rory songs /gigs even when rory was alive and i don`t see no evidence of that in ireland
keep the taste albums but buy at your peril the new wilson taste -then you can go clay pidgeon shootin
regards
soupedupford

Postby groundhog » 16 Apr 2010, 11:15

soupedupford wrote:hi kenny
i think that its not a "they" as more an individual who is particularly keen on having a slice of the cake
as you say- behind the scene-on the local front wilson is one hell of a drummer,but to tout this new taste release as something roryesque and great is doing rory a great dis-service
there are a lot of "names" hanging off the coat-tails of rory lookin for the easy ride
this is all johnny come lately stuff-if they were dedicated to rory then they would have been playing taste/rory songs /gigs even when rory was alive and i don`t see no evidence of that in ireland
keep the taste albums but buy at your peril the new wilson taste -then you can go clay pidgeon shootin
regards

Well thanks for correcting me for the second time soupedupford,i understood R.McCracken was involved in this aswell! so that for me was 'they' Don't twist my words either,i never said anything about buying this CD!So your magic joke about
clay pidgeon shooting falls a bit flat,maybe you thought it was funny! I'm a devoted Rory fan like yourself,but i still remember the days of the real TASTE,maybe you don't?
we all have our own way of looking at thing eh!Before you let your frustrations out on me,read properly what i wrote.
groundhog

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome