Wall to Wall : Taste

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Wall to Wall : Taste

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Apr 2010, 22:53

Just surfin the net and found this cd released by Taste ...

It is a newish release and I've tried to find what songs are on with any joy at all. I do know it's Taste John Wilson & Richard McCracken without Rory...
So the QUESTION is, Would they be allowed to play or put songs composed and written by Rory Gallagher on this new cd ..
Price on amazon is ££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$€€€€€€€€€€€€ ??
Jay Jay

Re: Wall to Wall : Taste

Postby rifles » 14 Apr 2010, 10:57

Does this help Jay Jay Derek

Even in your wildest dreams, you’d never imagine it but it’s happened: Taste is back! In 2006, John Wilson, the legendary drummer from the original line-up decided to reform Taste together with Richard McCracken and a virtually unknown Irish guitar player, Sam Davidson. They played a few gigs and the pressure from the public was such that they decided to release “Wall To Wall”. The opening track, ‘Going Home’ is powerful (as intense as Alvin Lee’s and its Ten Years After) sending thousands of shivers down the spine. The drums are enormous, the bass (played by Albert Mills replacing Richard) is perforating and on guitar, Sam reignites the light we thought had gone out for ever. With tracks such as ‘Daytona Dreaming’ and ‘Devil’s Woman’, it’s as if a star is watching over them, a star called Rory Gallagher. And as if to be faithful to Rory and the original ‘60s trio, there is an unbelievably beautiful and moving track: ‘Wall To Wall’. It’s the story of an impossible love between two people separated by a wall (real or not). There is also a breathtaking instrumental version of that song at the end of the album with some guitar soli which will make you climb up the curtains. This track should have been this year’s song for the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. Just imagine, Taste performing ‘Wall To Wall’ at the Brandenburg Gate. Stupendous! One of the best albums of 2009 if not the decade.

Nathalie ‘Nat’ Harrap
Blues Matters!
rifles

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Apr 2010, 11:55

Cheers Derek,
Guess that answers my question, only new songs no Rory Gallagher compositions :(
Jay Jay

Postby jimmcc » 14 Apr 2010, 12:20

I also read an article which stated that when Richie McKracken was doing something else then a replacement bass guitarist stands in.My personal feeling is that they are trying to cash in on Rorys fame. In saying that,I will probably buy the cd just to hear what its like.
jimmcc

Postby soupedupford » 14 Apr 2010, 13:00

to quote Classic Rocks review of this album

"who ever let these guys into the studio should have been tazered in the bollocks not once not twice but a million times"
2 out of ten rewiew and thats being generous!
garbage put out under the auspices of taste/rory
why not call it the john wilson band and see how you go then
taste songs MURDERED
TA
soupedupford

Postby jimmcc » 14 Apr 2010, 13:14

well maybe i wont buy it after all
jimmcc

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Apr 2010, 13:19

Hey Monty

At " £27 99p " on amazon uk for this CD "I Wonder Who's" gonna be mad enough to buy it :lol:
Last edited by Jay Jay on 14 Apr 2010, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Jay

Postby jimmcc » 14 Apr 2010, 13:21

Jay Jay Joy wrote:Hey Monty

At "£27. 99p" on amazon uk for CD "I Wonder Who's" gonna be mad enough :lol:

daylight robbery
jimmcc

Postby groundhog » 14 Apr 2010, 16:42

Hi Guys,

It just shows you how people can be conned out of their money.I would never have paid that price,but like Monty said at first i would have been curious and maybe search for it.But after reading the report,it just changed me round full circle,what these guys are doing is ridiculous! have they know pride at all. About time Donal got some 'real' Taste stuff on the market
ie Live at the IOW DVD.

Cheers...Kenny
groundhog

Postby battered_strat » 14 Apr 2010, 18:36

looks like they're playing some later Rory stuff too!

heres them playing Shadow Play in Athens with a new bass player.. hmm not too impressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grwHIxMKbn4&feature=related :?
battered_strat

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome