RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Favourite 10 to 15 TUNES

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Favourite 10 to 15 TUNES

Postby Jay Jay » 05 May 2011, 21:11

Hey Rory fans we haven't had one of these for sometime ..

Having a lot of new members over the past 6 months. I think it's time for their and your choices of favourite Rory Gallagher and Taste tunes ..
Rory has got so many great tunes that are all favourites. That change constantly anyway..
Just put down what you're been playing most of recently at those moments in time ;)
They don't have to be in any particular order ok.
Like this ..

1. A Million Miles Away, 2. Fuel To The Fire, 3. Overnight Bag, 4. Bad Penny, 5. Crest Of A Wave, 6. Moonchild, 7. Shadow Play, 8. Toredown, 9. In Your Town, 10. Just Hit Town, 11. Tattoo'd Lady, 12. What's Going On, 13. Signals, 14. Hands Off, 15. Just The Smile :)
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Favourite 10 to 15 TUNES

Postby innuendo » 05 May 2011, 22:28

i'm listening again to all rory albums (in chronological order-i'm on against the grain now) and i'm rediscovering some rory songs that i didn't notice they were so good before, from against the grain that one is ain't too good, great ballad
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 05 May 2011, 22:39

Hi Kruno, yes that could easily be on my list too. Ain't Too Good is a beautiful Rory ballad.
Cross Me Off Your List is the track before Ain't Too Good on the album Against the Grain ..Don't cross Ain't Too Good off your list, when you make your choice of 10 to 15 will you? ;)
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 05 May 2011, 23:30

Jay Jay wrote:Hi Kruno, yes that could easily be on my list too. Ain't Too Good is a beautiful Rory ballad.
Cross Me Off Your List is the track before Ain't Too Good on the album Against the Grain ..Don't cross Ain't Too Good off your list, when you make your choice of 10 to 15 will you? ;)

hehe cross me off your list is a good song but i wouldn't put it on my rory's best of, i think my best of rory will have about 75-80 songs + some taste songs, about 7 or 8 songs per album, some albums even more
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 06 May 2011, 10:35

innuendo wrote:hehe cross me off your list is a good song but i wouldn't put it on my rory's best of, i think my best of rory will have about 75-80 songs + some taste songs, about 7 or 8 songs per album, some albums even more

That's exactly how I feel about Rory's album's. I've said this before about you and I Kruno ..
We have the same great TASTE :D :D :D :D :D

Regarding this topic though it is NOT a best of really. It is which 10 Rory fav tunes you are playing most of in this period of time :)
Btw, Cross Me off Your List was probably one of Rory's last jazzier tunes.
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 07 May 2011, 10:30

Jay Jay wrote:
innuendo wrote:hehe cross me off your list is a good song but i wouldn't put it on my rory's best of, i think my best of rory will have about 75-80 songs + some taste songs, about 7 or 8 songs per album, some albums even more

That's exactly how I feel about Rory's album's. I've said this before about you and I Kruno ..
We have the same great TASTE :D :D :D :D :D

Regarding this topic though it is NOT a best of really. It is which 10 Rory fav tunes you are playing most of in this period of time :)
Btw, Cross Me off Your List was probably one of Rory's last jazzier tunes.

i agree jay jay. i think you like me are leaning more towards harder rock than blues
innuendo

Postby Mandyl » 07 May 2011, 13:35

Hi

I listen to all the albums all the time and am currently working my way back through from start to end again on my way into work (it makes the day worthwhile!), however todays top 15 are (in no particular order but Off The Handle will always be in the top 3).

1. Ghost Blues. 2. Heavens Gate. 3. Seems To Me. 4. Shadow Play. 5. Tore Down. 6. Off The Handle. 7. Philby. 8. Moonchild. 9. As The Crow Flies (where it all started for me in 1975). 10. Jinxed. 11. What In The World. 12. All Around Man. 13. Hoodoo Man. 14. Morning Sun. 15. If The Day Was Any Longer.

Mandy
Mandyl

Postby Signals65 » 07 May 2011, 14:50

I have to agree with both of you, "10 favs in this period of time" "75 to 80 songs+ some albums even more"
This is what I've been listening to the most in my recent rotation.

1.) Bad Penny 2.) Overnight Bag 3.) Signals 4.) Shadow Play 5.) Easy Come , Easy Go 6.) Blister On The Moon 7.) A Million Miles Away(Irish Tour 74) 8.) Slumming Angel 9.) Born On The Wrong Side Of Time 10.) Livin like a Trucker.
I also recently been enjoying : Persuasion/Lonley Mile/The Cuckoo, and Rag Mama Rag from the "Rockpalast" DVD

All Rory all the time.
Signals65

Postby innuendo » 07 May 2011, 16:45

Signals65 wrote:I have to agree with both of you, "10 favs in this period of time" "75 to 80 songs+ some albums even more"
This is what I've been listening to the most in my recent rotation.

1.) Bad Penny 2.) Overnight Bag 3.) Signals 4.) Shadow Play 5.) Easy Come , Easy Go 6.) Blister On The Moon 7.) A Million Miles Away(Irish Tour 74) 8.) Slumming Angel 9.) Born On The Wrong Side Of Time 10.) Livin like a Trucker.
I also recently been enjoying : Persuasion/Lonley Mile/The Cuckoo, and Rag Mama Rag from the "Rockpalast" DVD

All Rory all the time.

great choice of songs and very cool avatar signals65
innuendo

Postby Highway61 » 09 Aug 2011, 20:25

So here are the results of the german jury:

1. Blister On The Moon 2. If I Had A Reason 3.Walk On Hot Coals 4. Going To My Hometown 5. Who's That Coming 6. Out on The Western Plain 7. Laundromat 8. Shin Kicker 9. As The Crow Flies 10. With Albert King - As The Years Go Passing By

This is all stuck with good memories to all the concerts I attended and never got disappointed. Miss him.
Very fine Moment also with Eric Burdon and Alvin Lee for some songs back in 1977 in Nuremburg.
Highway61

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome