Follow Me (Stage Struck) Questions

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Follow Me (Stage Struck) Questions

Postby gtrfan16 » 12 Apr 2010, 19:32

I've just discovered this website, so pardon me if these are some stupid questions. My favorite song of Rory's is Stage Struck's "Follow Me". Why do the cd releases of Live In Europe!/Stage Struck and Stage Struck (2000) have a different recorded version than the one on the original lp release of Stage Struck. Does anyone know why that version is not on those cds? And finally, is there a cd that has that version? Thank you
Last edited by gtrfan16 on 13 Apr 2010, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
gtrfan16

Re: Follow Me (Stage Struck) Question

Postby Jay Jay » 12 Apr 2010, 20:12

Hi gtrfan16,
A warm welcome to the Rory clan.

Don't entirely understand your question but ..
Follow Me was the opening track on the studio album "Top Priority" released in 1979. Re released in 1988 & 1999 on cd. Is this the version you are after?
I hope this helps.

Rock on for Rory ;)
Jay Jay

Re: Follow Me (Stage Struck) Questions

Postby Gaz » 13 Apr 2010, 20:31

hi,the clue is in Stagestruck jayjayjoy :oops:
Gaz

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Apr 2010, 21:20

Yeah Gaz,
I think I got what gtrfan16 means now ..

Well I'll try again anyhow. I have just played Follow Me from Stage Struck cd 2000 release. Then Follow Me from Stage Struck 2 cd package with Live In Europe released by Castle Communications in 1989 is the same recording.

It looks like gtrfan16 means the LP vinyl version though is different. I'll have to get the vinyl out and play and get back to you on this one :?

Hey Rick K, your the vinyl man around here, have you spotted the difference?
Jay Jay

Postby Rick K » 14 Apr 2010, 01:08

Hello Jay Jay,

Sorry, I can`t answer whether the vinyl version of Follow me on Stagestruck is the same as the CD version of Follow Me on Stagestruck, because I don`t have Stagestruck on CD. I was thinking along the lines of what you had originally answered. I thought, maybe that gtrfan16 had heard the top priority version on vinyl sometime before and now was hearing the stagestruck version on Cd and not hearing the same version. We have had the discussions in the past though about how the mixing of the CDs is not the same as that on the vinyls, so gtrfan16 may mean that`s the difference in versions that he is hearing. I just bought my latest Rory vinyl before posting here. Shadow Play 10" EP from 1978 with Shadow Play, Brute Force And Ignorance, Moonchild, and Souped Up Ford on it.

What do you think gtrfan16 ? I don`t know your knowledge of Rory`s music either, but the Stagestruck version of Follow Me is live and Top Priority`s version is studio too. I don`t know if any of this helps or not.

Best Wishes, Rick
Rick K

Postby Gaz » 14 Apr 2010, 08:39

hello again.im reading this that its just live versions hes interested in.
Gaz

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Apr 2010, 11:44

Ok Guys,

I've played my original 1980 "Stage Struck" vinyl LIVE version of "Follow Me" playing simultaneuosly the 2000 CD Stage Struck - Follow Me ...
I can confirm, THEY ARE THE SAME VERSIONS/ TAKES. Which also is the same version as the 1989 Castle Com. 2CD Live in Europe & Stage Struck.

The only difference is you hear the audience a little longer on the intro. ALL 3 are the same versions lasting around the 6 minute mark :)

Rock on for Rory
Jay Jay

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome