RORY GALLAGHER ~ HIS UNIQUENESS

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ HIS UNIQUENESS

Postby JimLED » 08 Feb 2011, 21:49

Jay Jay Joy wrote:There is an important word Ronnie said also though, that is missing from that quote, to add ..
"Rory was genuinely unassuming .. He didn't have the over confidence that the mediocre have"..
" He had the quiet "unassuming" way that the great have, and he was one of the greats" :)

more pics

Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby mac » 09 Feb 2011, 20:14

Where were those pics taken Jim ?
Great to see all the guitars in daylight.
mac

Postby JimLED » 09 Feb 2011, 22:21

hi mac

That's pics from my site. Once I asked permission to publish David O'Connell photosession.
Unfortunately, after I moved my site to another hoster I had lost my article, but pictures were saved.

Hey were all taken on one night in February1988 when Rory played 4 nights in a row at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin.
This is the Rory picture with Ronnie Drew of the Dubliners. It was taken at the Hop Store in Guinness Brewery in Dublin around 1991. Rory was being honored by the City of Dublin and was presented with the Freedom of the City by the Lord Mayor. He was also honoured that night by Fender with a lifetime achievement award, a beautiful award, I believe James Burton (who backed Presley and Orbison among others) was a previous recipent. Rory played a few tunes in front of a small group of about 50 people. Copyright David O'Connell

JimLED

Postby suedanor » 09 Feb 2011, 23:01

Very nice pictures Jim! Thank you!
sue
suedanor

Postby JimLED » 10 Feb 2011, 00:41

You're welcome, Sue
JimLED

Postby Jimmy » 10 Feb 2011, 16:16

His uniquenses is why I always quote him as "The greatest frontman of all time"
Jimmy

Postby Simone67 » 11 Feb 2011, 20:53

Rory would accompany his Mum to mass on a Sunday ! And call her on the phone very regularly when he was away! I don`t know of any other Rock" Star" to do that. ( Except Elvis )
Simone67

Postby handyt » 15 Feb 2011, 21:58

He appealled to his audience who became his cult followers, 'cos he kept it plain n simple jeans tee shirt baseball boots.
played 3 hour sets, kept ticket prices to the minimum, toured incesantly ......hey thats more than 2 or 3
i could go on all night.
he was to me the greatest guitar virtuoso there has ever been or will be.
miss him every day, hope he's jamming with Gary Moore.
handyt

Postby SUBY1974 » 27 Feb 2011, 21:19

Apart from music ( he was a musical genius) he was a knowledgeable guy. He loved films,books, art and cultural stuff, spiritual. I would have loved to have long conversations with him about things. Probably I do in my sleep! He was so intellectual. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Doug » 28 Feb 2011, 17:26

JimLED wrote:
Jay Jay Joy wrote:There is an important word Ronnie said also though, that is missing from that quote, to add ..
"Rory was genuinely unassuming .. He didn't have the over confidence that the mediocre have"..
" He had the quiet "unassuming" way that the great have, and he was one of the greats" :)

more pics

Wow, sorry I'm a little late to this discussion, but I couldn't help noticing that other strat that Rory has behind him in the photos; the sunburst with the maple neck. I never saw that guitar before, although I only saw him 3 times after 1988 (on the '91 US Tour). Did he use that guitar a lot in gigs? And if so, why? Maybe it wasn't his?
Doug

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome