Beautiful & Soulful Introductions

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
John Ganjamie (roryfan) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) Jim Petrover (JimLED).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Beautiful & Soulful Introductions

Postby negrita » 01 Sep 2016, 20:03

Hello everybody!
I'd like to introduce myself, joined some time ago but now I have enough confidence to post ;)
My name is Anna, I live in Poland. I've been familiar with Rory's music for about 17 years but since the last 3/4 years I've bacame a real Rory fan, I can say. His music, guitar playing style hit me so deep lately that I can only regret that, I think, didn't understand it when I was 15 when I bought myself my first Rory CD - Blueprint. Now I can listen to Calling Card over and over which is, by far, my favourite Rory's album. I suppose you all know that Rory gave 3 amazing gigs in Poland in 1976, sadly I wasn't even born yet so I didn't have a chance to see him live.
I would like to thank you all for this wonderful place where you share your thoughts and memories about our beautiful man, beautiful soul - Rory Gallagher!
Anna
negrita

Re: Introduction

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Sep 2016, 03:35

Hello Anna,

Welcome to the forum. It took me a while before I felt able to post. But it's nice, being able to share thoughts and memories about the man and his music. But it gets easier - 8-) -Cynthia
RobertaSparrow

Postby negrita » 02 Sep 2016, 07:35

RobertaSparrow wrote:Hello Anna,

Welcome to the forum. It took me a while before I felt able to post. But it's nice, being able to share thoughts and memories about the man and his music. But it gets easier - 8-) -Cynthia

Thank you, Cynthia! I hope so :) and of course forgot to mention that I'd been reading this forum long before I even registered ;)
negrita

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Sep 2016, 16:54

Excellent, :D

RobertaSparrow

Postby negrita » 02 Sep 2016, 17:54

RobertaSparrow wrote:Excellent, :D

That's the first gig in Poland! Just realized tomorrow is the 40th anniversary :D It's a pity that the quality of this bootleg is not too good. But you can hear Rory's solos pretty well. I can tell you that Rory's concert in communist Poland (at that time) was an extraordinary event for music lovers. I remember reading about people that traveled here from East Germany just to see Rory. I guess Rod or Rory said that the audience was pretty quiet during the gig but at the end they went crazy :lol:
negrita

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Sep 2016, 10:21

negrita wrote:I would like to thank you all for this wonderful place where you share your thoughts and memories about our beautiful man, beautiful soul - Rory Gallagher!
Anna

Hiya Negrita, a very warm welcome to Rory's family internet home and forum :)

Yes as Cameron Crowe the American film director said in the "Big Guns / Ghost Blues" promos..
"Rory Gallagher the man his guitar playing & music gets into your soul" :)
Jay Jay

Postby negrita » 03 Sep 2016, 22:31

Jay Jay wrote:
negrita wrote:I would like to thank you all for this wonderful place where you share your thoughts and memories about our beautiful man, beautiful soul - Rory Gallagher!
Anna

Hiya Negrita, a very warm welcome to Rory's family internet home and forum :)

Yes as Cameron Crowe the American film director said in the "Big Guns / Ghost Blues" promos..
"Rory Gallagher the man his guitar playing & music gets into your soul" :)

Thank you very much! :) Exactly! There's everything in his music: joy, excitement, melancholy, somethimes sadness. All sorts of emotion. And everything is so real... And that's beautiful.
negrita

Postby Regina » 26 Sep 2016, 20:47

Hello everyone, HELLO Anna (the same name of my daughter!) ...

I would like to give you, like everyone here, WELCOME !

After all, this is a place where we can exchange ideas and try to know us a little better talking about someone who was, is & I still intuit that for a long time in the future will be so beneficial in our lives as RG & ... this is great!

You say you haven´t the chance to see him when he did a tour to Poland, no friend? It´s really pity!...

I'm also so far - diametrically in an opposite place & tooooo far ! - & as you, despite I have had the chance to "know" who was RG I let it go blank!

My initial memories of Rory is one day having read something about the roots and rock'n'roll branches in a publication here in my country (Brazil) & he was located between (the said) BIG ONES ... my main memory of his figure, is the image on the cover of Taste "On the Boards", then gone the 70´s ...

I was soooooo young then, I would enter in the teens and my attention was directed to other artists ... what sad ! The times showed WHO were some of them...

However, I never knew "why" I never forgot (it was ever so clear & deep in my brain), this IMAGE of an ethereal face of RG engraved with fire and sword (the cover of "On the boards"...)... I never forgot that.

The years passed ...

Between one thing and another going on in my life, taking me the winds in different directions (like everybody....), however, occasionally I heard/saw/read something about him - at this time already in a solo career - but, incredibly, slid to the other side, not giving the due attention to the great work that he so sublime and hardly developed in the musical field, so beautifully with the blues ...

Surprise, years later, I heard (do not remember exactly HOW MUCH time (years?) after or somewhere) I read that he had died. I see his image: so different from the sprightly lad, cheerful, dynamic! But STILL very beautiful and fleetingly seen, very good in theirs gigs, even the final ones ...

I stayed (do not know why), very sad, but the years continued stubbornly to go through...

But I did not remember to know details about his death ...

The impact of his death, however, would hit me (I do not understand why) just recently - about a year ago - INEXPLICABLY! Mysteriously I wanted an explanation for this... (SERIOUSLY!...)

I reminded him in youthful days ... I found myself looking eagerly to know "what had happened" in the Rory´s life ... how strange! It seemed to me he was "someone very close", as someone of my family, a close friend who had left and that only now, SO LATE, made me shed tears for a disappearance that occurred so many years ago!

Someone who I did not even met ... someone who I had a chance to enjoy but deliberately I did not do it when at his time...!

What accounts for this? Depression of age? it´s a puzzle... an enigma!

The sense of loss was strangely overwhelming, especially because I have never been to idolize to the point NO ONE, even those called "teenage idols" (by chance!) every teenager falls in love... Never, at any time, I was so ... And NOOOWWW I´m not no more a teen !! Absolutely, ah-haahahahaha...

Suddenly I saw he was a person which had a life so richly dedicated in making something so beautiful, cool, dynamic, with commitment, respect and sense of responsibility as MUSIC, in such a poignant gift that gives a certain complete DONATION to people, to the art of music....

Suddenly found myself weeping, wailing ... why I no provided the due attention the long while he did in life! How could this happen?! Stupefied, today, I feel alarmed by the feeling of LOSS by a person in a way "met" in life, I did not pay due attention, he did a great work and I lost it all! Wow, the feeling was of deep frustration ... unbelievable!

Petrified by the beauty (for example !!) of "Within wheels wheels", I heard continuously for days on end... also, "Edged in blue" ... or "Will ye go lassie go" (with Phil Coulter)... It is to bring tears to my eyes! Or the grace of "Tatto´d lady"... or the adorables "Shadow play" & "Bad penny" ... Or (wonders of wonders!!), "Overnight bags" & "Millions miles away!... & more... more... MORE !!!! Lots of music through the years until the eve of his death, that touch .... sweet ballads ... heavy rocks .... poignant blues ... songs that reach the heart, the soul! Permeated by the purest guitar solos, in a voice that elevates, rhythms that warm, images that do not loosen never our minds!

I started again from scratch to listen, read, browse, search, try to KNOW and try to capture what was that far off "day to day" and who accompanied him (fans, friends, whatever!) & today, I can say it haven´t a day goes by that I do not hear something on RG and I try to spread to those around me, whenever I can and give, on the magnificent work he left us, I speak of who was this amazing person to many people I can ...

& today, reading your post, as you - & many others - I'm sorry for not having had the opportunity to see him alive... I also feel so much by the fact that within the Rory career, never having even been "ventilated" a possible his coming to my country, because many others have come & did gigs by here - among other things, even if not be "the beach" it maybe even the most famous event (I believe) as the "Rock in Rio"...

Many artists came here (and I think still will), as The Stones, Elton John, Paul Simon, Paul McCartney, Cat Stevens, Jim Capaldi, Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper, Roger Waters, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Skorpions, Queen, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, etc., etc., etc ... Someone I liked & I saw, others........... At present, what I think is that was a pity not to have had the opportunity to see Rory HERE, alive & that he didn´t came until us to knows us...

Anyway, this serves to put that here in Brazil, in conversations that sometimes have with friends "contemporary" is still noticeable know that RG has many fans here (in opposite, is true that many have never heard ...) but I think it is perfectly possible to bring his work to this new/brand new generation and when I can, I do it with great pleasure, having the satisfaction of seeing that is very positive the feed-back when "present" with much love, gratitude and affection, something of RG .. . and yesssss, I have endeavored in this part because I know worth - we owe this to the tireless and elaborate work left by Rory Gallagher to us... this wonderful gentleman that Ireland has given us !

Good afternoon dear people...sorry for my English - really ! & more, I am very happy to be among YOU all!
Regina

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Oct 2016, 10:28

Regina wrote:Suddenly I saw he was a person which had a life so richly dedicated in making something so beautiful, cool, dynamic, with commitment, respect and sense of responsibility as MUSIC, in such a poignant gift that gives a certain complete DONATION to people, to the art of music....

negrita wrote:I think it is perfectly possible to bring his work to this new/brand new generation and when I can, I do it with great pleasure, having the satisfaction of seeing that is very positive the feed-back when "present" with much love, gratitude and affection, something of RG .. . and yesssss, I have endeavored in this part because I know worth - we owe this to the tireless and elaborate work left by Rory Gallagher to us..this wonderful gentleman that Ireland has given us!

What a fantastic introduction :) .. with some beautiful heartfelt thoughts and words :)
In how RORY eventually became part of your life and truly got into your soul :)
You are very welcome here Regina into RORY's family home on the internet. I hope Donal or Daniel Gallagher read this great post of yours.

Better late than never that you found the purity of all musical hero's ..
Now that you have discovered RG's legacy enjoy and always as I ..

ROCK ON FOR RORY
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: Beautiful & Soulful Introductions

Postby Regina » 05 Mar 2017, 02:40

Good evening, Jay-Jay! Dear friend, just today I am reading your kind reply to the post I made almost a year ago, introducing myself to the Forum and Group of Friends that join here, in this corner, ALWAYS giving more than deserved homages and a huge THANKS, even Impossible to be given "personally" to Rory, the incredible work left and the intense dedication to what he set out to do and bequeath, practically until the last moments of his life ... sorry for the delay in thanking him for the kind answer, was that I was having trouble getting in here, then, after a few frustrated attempts that did not lead to anything, no matter how hard I tried, I left it there .... until unbelievably, ON RORY'S BIRTHDAY DAY, last week .... it's not that I CAN ???? Very happy to be HERE again with you, paying tribute to this beautiful person that he was and still IS! :D

Grateful for the attention, in Brazil I try as much as I can to spread the work of Rory, talking and showing the generation of my daughter (she is 17 years old and "plays" - in reality, she "crawls", ah-hahahahaha ... - guitar ... hmmmmm !!!) WHO was Rory Gallagher and showing his work .... this is a "homework" done with much affection!
And YES, I would be glad to know that someone in Rory's family KNOWS that anonymously, throughout the world, we strive to never let Rory be forgotten .... by the intense, deep, long work developed by almost ALL of his life, he deserve it from us!

Good night, again, to everyone .... fondly! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Regina

Return to RORY GALLAGHER FANS ~ Introduction & Welcome to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK"