RORY GALLAGHER FESTIVAL 26 & 27th AUG. 2017 Nantwich UK

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

RORY GALLAGHER FESTIVAL 26 & 27th AUG. 2017 Nantwich UK

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Aug 2017, 15:57

RG Fest Nantwich.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER FESTIVAL 26 & 27th AUG. 2017 Nantwich UK

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Aug 2017, 19:44

Have a great Rocking Rory time everyone. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Re: RORY GALLAGHER FESTIVAL 26 & 27th AUG. 2017 Nantwich UK

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Aug 2017, 17:29

By all accounts another very successful Rory Gallagher Festival weekend in Nantwich :)

I only attended Saturday of which I enjoyed Immensely. Tom Killner and his band opened the day. This young guy is really talented greatly on guitar with Boogie Blues stuff. Plus very good vocals also. His last song "Little Help from My Friends" Joe Cocker style was superb.
Deuce from Ireland were next on stage. David, Nial and Stephen did Rory proud with some great Taste songs like "What's Going On" & "Blister On The Moon" highlights for me. David even put on a harmonica with brace out and did a lovely version of " I Could've had Religion". Also some great tracks from the Deuce album, like "Crest Of A Wave" & "In Your Town" & "Used To Be" Also a lovely version of "I Fall Apart" from Rory's first solo album a highlight.Plus many more great Rory tunes.
Sinnerboy were next on stage..What more can I say about Mr Barry Barnes & Sinnerboy that I haven't already said before. Plays all the Rory fav's and never loses that Rory passion with his performances. He knows like I know seeing Rory live on stage what it takes to get anything close to what Rory was like live. Barry was backed up superbly by Bri Chambers & Steve Richardson. Sinnerboy still set the benchmark for all these young up and coming RG Tribute bands to live up to.
Pat McManus ended the evening's entertainment superbly. Pat is up there imo as one of Ireland's great guitarists. Not just fantastic on guitar but also on the violin. Playing a great mixture of Rory songs with his own. Plus playing his fabulous Rory tribute song on acoustic guitar "Return Of The G Man" :)

Can anybody give us a Sunday review of this RG Festival please?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs