CORK ROCKS for RORY ~ 2017

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

CORK ROCKS for RORY ~ 2017

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Jan 2017, 19:01

I don't know if I can make it this year, but if I can, I will!

http://www.corkrocksforrory.com/
http://www.corkrocksforrory.com/
RobertaSparrow

Re: Cork Rocks for Rory ~ 2017

Postby SUBY1974 » 15 Jan 2017, 19:53

Its for one night only? OK no problem. I will let Susie know. We should be able to visit the Beara Peninsula,Ireland and make it into Cork for the gig. Whatever happens Rory, we will visit you Ballincollig this year. I have already made a leave request at work. I will e-mail Ger for more details.
Hope to see you there Cynthia, if you can make it. Thanks for posting. Subrata.:0)
SUBY1974

Postby Annie Elliott » 15 Jan 2017, 20:32

Hurray!
Annie Elliott

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Jan 2017, 15:40

SUBY1974 wrote:I will e-mail Ger for more details.

Very sad news coming out today.. is that the main organizer Ger Kenneally for the Cork Rocks for Rory has passed away :(
This must be the reason why the annual event is only the one night this year, instead of a whole weekend Rory celebration in Cork. As I'm hearing on FB from Rory friends, Ger has been fighting cancer for some time now. Sadly he lost his battle against it. Our condolences go to all his family and friends.

R.I.P. Ger Kenneally
Jay Jay

Re: CORK ROCKS for RORY ~ 2017

Postby SUBY1974 » 16 Jan 2017, 16:47

I will post later. I am really upset at the moment. Subrata.x :cry: :cry: :cry:
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 20 Jan 2017, 23:15

Both Susie and I are absolutely devastated and saddened at Ger ‘s passing. The news has hit us hard. We still can’t accept it and I can’t get my head around it.

We were so looking forward to seeing him this year at the Cork Rocks For Rory 2017 and alas it will not happen.

Ger was an amazing man. KInd, warm, humourous, a heart of gold really. Anyone whoever met him, he left a deep impression on ones soul. He was good, good man. A real gentleman.

He took really good care of Susie and me while in Cork. He gave us a lift to town; made sure we got our coach seats ok to the Marcroom barbeque. He paid for our drinks and made cups of tea.
People will tell you he liked to make a cuppa and have a chat. He once paid for our cab back to the hotel and we were like “No,no,no”, but he insisted. Its just little things like that, that makes you realise it does not cost anything to be a decent human being. He was just a wonderful, wonderful man, who went that extra mile for others.

His e-mails were full of humour. I use to laugh my head off. He was very proud of being an Irishman and Corksman. He loved his family, friends and colleagues. He had very, very good musical knowledge and he was passionate about Rory and Rory’s music. I really feel for his brother, daughter and his whole family. They are in my prayers, thoughts and condolences.

We have lost a member of our Rory Gallagher Family of Friends and Fans. But his first and big legacy ( and Bri is right about this), he will live on in the memories and hearts of those he touched.

His other legacy is the Cork Rocks for Rory Festival. It is not easy to organise such a big event. Oh my God its not! Ger and his family had to book venues;move equipment; look after the the musicians; he looked after the fans; driving here and there. Absolutely awesome. He did that for Rory, for Rory’s fans and because he was so passionate about Rory and Rory’s music. He wanted Rory's memory and music legacy to flourish and be remembered forever.

He was able to help Susie in the area of Events Management. He had alot of knowledge and since then, Susie has organised gigs for musicians in Edinburgh, one of them being Sinnerboy.

My heart goes out to Bri Chambers, Barry, Steven, Sinnerboy and other musicians who knew Ger. You never meet a guy like Ger everyday. You just don’t.

On the morning he passed, I actually dreamt I was in Cork. I felt so cold and could not understand why. :cry:

Ger RIP. I know you had not been well a while but you take care now ok Ger? Rory you take good care of Ger up there. Ger teach Rory a few “swear” words please! :D Gosh you two will have a lot of catching up to do! Maybe you are organising musical gigs “over there” as I speak. :mrgreen: I can just see the two of you having a pint. :D

Finally I love the picture of Ger, Susie and me with the painted Rory portrait behind us in Macroom. ( Ger use to love butting in when we took our photos. We never minded :mrgreen: ). I like to think when we all meet up again for real( Rory, Ger, Susie and me, Sinnerboy and others) , it would be lovely to seat with our guitars, have a singsong, drinks flowing and have a barbeque. I will be the only “vegetarian” in the house, as Ger would say. :D

I was going to e-mail him this week, to ask about this year’s Cork 2017 festival details. Ger we will do our best to go and we will raise a drink to you. I will try and taste Guinness this year,even though I don’t drink. ;) But I will do it for you. :D . In 2017 we will Rock for Ger and Rory!!

We will miss you Ger. I will miss you. We will never, ever forget you. Never. Thanks to Rory, Susie and I met a gem of a man. You really were a gem. Rock On For Ger and Rory.

God speed Ger. Stay safe. All my love Subrata. xxxxx

http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/news/201 ... _kenneally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIfxEwTnOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPNWQ6EOoKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU9I0oKn11s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Feb 2017, 12:04

Flights booked. Hotel booked. Festival tickets booked.All ready to go in June 2017. Almost did not get the leave for this! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Rock On For Rory and Ger. Let's make it a good one. Also looking forward to new Rory releases this year. Subrata.x :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 16 Jun 2017, 16:08

I will give my account on Cork Rocks For Rory 2017 soon with pictures. The good news is Cork Rocks For Rory will be continued by Ger's daughter Ceara Kenneally ( just like her Da. A really lovely person), his brother Tony and his sister-in-law and by his family, friends, musicians and fans. Ger and Rory's legacy will continue. Rory and Ger would be so happy to hear this. :D All of us are really, really happy. We will support you. Subrata.xx Rock On For Rory and Ger!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs