RORY FEST ~ Ballyshannon + Programme Of Events 2017

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

Re: RORY FEST ~ Ballyshannon + Programme Of Events 2017

Postby Jay Jay » 27 May 2017, 12:47

SUBY1974 wrote:Have a Rory Rocking time in Ballyshannon 2017 everyone!!!! Subrata. :0).x

Thanks Suby, we will no problem :) Are you and Susie planning to come here next year?
Even though the weather forecast don't look too good. It will not matter one jot. As we will celebrate in the streets, bars, pubs and marquee..
For our beloved Rory's legacy and music always :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Love Ballyshannon.jpg

Rock Hospital Gathering.jpg

The Rock Hospital (Rory Gallagher's Birthplace) Fans gathering last year's Rory Fest :)
Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Jun 2017, 12:33

Well! What can you say to describe what was another super and fabulous Rory Gallagher International Festival :)
Firstly, as always we have to thank all involved in the operations / workings of the festival. Especially Barry O'Neill and the festival committee and organisers, that managed the whole four days of entertainment terrifically :)
Secondly.. ALL of the fantastic bands and artists that performed this year.
Thirdly... ALL of RORY'S wonderful dedicated fans that came from all over the world to respect and celebrate the life and music of our beloved hero :)

There were quite a few highlights for me from this years Rory Fest. I'll point out one of these for a drummer/musician for years myself which stood out.. Seeing John Wilson one of my musical heroes on the Friday night in the marquee. With his "Taste of Rory" they were absolutely technically awesome :) Especially with John after all the life threatening health problems over the past few years. Looking at him from quite a distance from the stage. He looked and played like a 20 year old. AMAZING! I'd like to thank John and his band for his and their great performance. Also for his kind and respectful words he said for Rory with the time they spent together with Taste. On the other side of the coin I must say. Thoughts went through my head while watching John's fantastic drumming. What he and Rory could have achieved and done, if only they had gone on and stayed together?

Looking forward to hearing first timers and everybody's thoughts and reviews of the RG International fest here please

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Jun 2017, 18:46

RORY would be smiling down on these boys from county Mayo Ireland. Here performing @ Rory Gallagher Place :)
My second highlight at this years international Rory Gallagher Festival playing and singing here RORY'S ANTHEM :D

Jay Jay

Postby Edged in Blue » 11 Jun 2017, 17:41

Fabulous Festival once again. Will put a review shortly ....
Edged in Blue

Postby SUBY1974 » 16 Jun 2017, 16:11

Glad everyone had a good time. We may come in 2018 Jay Jay. Rock On For Rory!!! Subrata.xx
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 27 Jun 2017, 16:04

willie the pimp wrote:We managed to find a room in a B&B in Ballyshannon, so no longer staying out at Creevy Pier.

So Willie what was your experience / verdict of The RORY FEST 2017 ??
Did you get there?
Jay Jay

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs