RORY GALLAGHER International FESTIVAL 2016

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

Re: RORY GALLAGHER International FESTIVAL 2016

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Jun 2016, 20:05

Another fantastic Rory Fest was had for sure by thousands of RORY FANS again this year :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The sunny warm weather helped this year also. For the fans to enjoy ALL of the excellent artists and bands that played there too :)
I don't want to single out any artist and bands more that others. I'll leave that to you Mac maybe and others as it's your first Rory fest.

Many many thanks and praise must be singled out though to Barry O'Neill and the Ballyshannon committee, with all of his hard working staff. That helped to make this another wonderful Tribute ~ Festival to our beloved hero Rory Gallagher :)
Jay Jay

Postby mac » 07 Jun 2016, 23:26

Got up there on saturday about lunchtime in blazing sunshine , parked the caravan up in Lakeside park and had a stroll down the town. Had a look at some of the younger street performers , which were good but my 12 year old daughter was a bit intimidated by the crowd and the noise so we were heading back up to the camp but I could hear a band playing and they sounded good, so Julie gave me a pass to go see them and she took the 2 girls back.
The band were playing in Rory Gallagher place and it was Tony Dowlers hellhounds , blown away by Tony , fantastic .
Met a few lads from Durham there , mates of yours JJ ?
Went back to camp after that and cooked a great barbie . The campsite was packed but you could tell it was a good crew
There and my 5 year old made a load of new best friends , as 5 year olds do.
Got another pass for the evening and went back to the same spot to see a young irish band called Stormbringer. Again blown away by the standard . They're a twin lead guitar band and their ability is amazing in particular the guy on the red strat, the tone and touch and feel he was getting....... I could practice forever and still wouldn't get there.
They did a classic rock set , but what I loved about both gigs was that they put in 4 or 5 of Rorys and not always the obvious ones and that lifted the crowd each time. I did find it amazing to be among so many genuine fans.
Would have loved to have stayed for the Sunday but got out voted . Campsite was great and I'll be back , but probably with a few mates. Camped in lough key forest park on the way back, another lovely spot , but sure everywhere's great in the sunshine.
mac

Postby ailish78 » 10 Jun 2016, 16:57

I'm glad you all had a great time and I hope to see you all there next year. :)
ailish78

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Jun 2016, 00:49

I wasn't able to attend this year's festival in Ballyshannon, but I do have photos of the event to post. These were given me by Jim McClymont with his consent to post them. I do have access to others, but without their consent I don't feel I should post them, although I may post some of the FB photos if I can get consent to do so.

Since I was not in attendance, I really cannot elaborate on the details, but those of you who did attend, feel free to comment. :)

RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Jun 2016, 00:52

Ballyshannon 2016, page 2

RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Jun 2016, 00:55

Ballyshannon 2016, Page 3

RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Jun 2016, 00:59

Ballyshannon 2016, Page 4

RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Jun 2016, 01:03

Ballyshannon 2016, page 5

RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Jun 2016, 01:07

Ballyshannon 2016, Page 6

Last but not least, the photographer, Jim
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Jun 2016, 13:24

Thanks for the pictures above Jim.. and Cynthia for putting them up here...

Most of those first lot of pictures were took at The Rock Hospital Gig. It's always for me a great 12 noon early Friday starter and moving acoustic gig. At the very place where the great musical legend and our hero RORY GALLAGHER was born. Over the years more and more adoring fans have attended :)
Here are a few more picture from this year's gig. Click on photo's below to make larger ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs