RORY GALLAGHER 18th Tribute in Holland ~ March 4th & 5th

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

Re: RORY GALLAGHER 18th Tribute in Holland ~ March 4th & 5t

Postby CiaSeattle » 10 Mar 2016, 02:52

Thank you Vincent, for the great photos. I wish there was a Rory festival near me, unfortunately I'm nowhere near. Thanks too for the link to your amazing photo collection! There were several I had never seen, this one in particular caught my attention. Do you know where and when it was taken, or any info about it? I think it's hilarious!

Poster 693.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CiaSeattle

Postby Vincent » 10 Mar 2016, 22:38

Yes, I recognize that one. It was the cover photo of the 'International Musician and Recording world' magazine from april 1977. Rory discusses his guitar collection in an interview. You can find the mag on Ebay every now and then. Please note http://www.reurie.nl is not my site. It's the site of a Dutch Rory collector and friend who has got a MASSIVE collection of tour posters, magazines, etc.

You got to love the dog and the bottle of Paddy! It's a great pic!
Vincent

Postby ailish78 » 11 Mar 2016, 08:41

Yes it's a great poster that one. Was that Rory's dog?
ailish78

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Mar 2016, 10:07

ailish78 wrote:Yes it's a great poster that one. Was that Rory's dog?

Rory and his mother Monica had a few dogs through the years. One he named Muddy after Muddy Waters of course. Maybe this one in picture? :)
Jay Jay

Postby CiaSeattle » 11 Mar 2016, 17:11

You can certainly see he was an animal lover. Most musicians would have a fit if a dog put a paw on their instrument! (I know this firsthand, I was married to a guitar player for 15 years) Thank you for the reply, Vincent, and your friends collection is fantastic!!
CiaSeattle

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs