RORY GALLAGHER 18th Tribute in Holland ~ March 4th & 5th

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

RORY GALLAGHER 18th Tribute in Holland ~ March 4th & 5th

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Jan 2016, 20:05

Anybody going to Wijk Ann Zee in Holland for the RORY Tribute in March.. like me again this year?
Great two days of our hero's music, played by super bands.

RORY GALLAGHER Tribute In Holland.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER 18th Tribute in Holland ~ March 4th & 5t

Postby Vincent » 11 Feb 2016, 22:21

Yes, I will be going to Wijk aan Zee! I'm planning on bringing some of Rory's guitars I acquired a few years back. They will be on display and might be played on stage as well. Hope to see you all there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vincent

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Feb 2016, 21:19

Thank you Vincent for sharing your Rory guitars with us Rory fans. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 27 Feb 2016, 11:50

Vincent wrote:Yes, I will be going to Wijk aan Zee! I'm planning on bringing some of Rory's guitars I acquired a few years back. They will be on display and might be played on stage as well. Hope to see you all there!

Looking forward to seeing you and Rory's guitars in Wijk ann Zee Vincent :)
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 27 Feb 2016, 11:52

RORY FANS & FRIENDS we will be celebrating our musical hero's Birthday and Legacy next week. Quite appropriately in Holland / The Nederlands. Where RORY was on his last ever tour. Lots of great tribute bands / artists along with all his fans will be ROCKIN' on for RORY in Wijk Ann Zee

Hopefully as I've said to Vincent, I should be bringing along Rory's slide.Then maybe one of the artists will play one of the Rory guitars with this?

Rory Strat slide.jpg
Jay Jay

Postby Vincent » 27 Feb 2016, 20:37

Yes Jay Jay, that is a great idea! I already have three of Rory's guitars set-up and ready to rock! The Guild Thunderbird has been set-up for slide...See you all in Wijk aan Zee!
Vincent

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Mar 2016, 09:14

Not long back from a fantastic ROCKIN' RORY tribute weekend in Holland..

Thank you all the organisers and bands that did our musical hero so proud :)

Reviews and photo's will follow shortly :)
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Mar 2016, 23:25

A very special moment last weekend for myself and Vincent owner of some of Rory's guitars you see above in posts.
Danny (lead guitar) Laundromat RG Tribute band played "Crest of A Wave" with Rory's Guystone guitar & Rory's slide that I was given to treasure. The guitar is seen on Vincent avatar pic with Rory performing at a gig with it :) :)

Laundromat Danny ~ Rory's Guitar & Slide.jpg

Danny V.. with Rory Guitar & Slide.jpg

Danny ~ Rory's guitar with Rory slide.jpg

Annette my partner in crime recorded this too. Not on youtube so I got to figure a way of getting it up On The Boards here now?
Do you know a way to transfer a FB video Jim or Vincent even to download it onto here??
Jay Jay

Postby Edged in Blue » 08 Mar 2016, 14:06

Well I am here again - what can you say this Tribute to Rory in my eyes has got to be the best. The people are SO SO friendly the Musicians are awesome and did we Rock the weekend away, if Rory was looking down on us he would of been so proud.

The Organisers need a medal each and every one of them were great .......

The down side for me is when I heard Sinnerboy`s flight was cancelled my heart sank for the lads must of been SO SO SO disappointed, but you have to admire how the other Musicians carried on and made the weekend so fantastic.

Thank you again JJ for looking after me, the Restaurant`s you found were so good and put a smile on my face when they served Palm beer :lol:

Lastly it was great meeting Vincent what a great guy he is and thank you for showing us Rory`s guitars.

See you in Ballyshannon if not before for some more special memories and Rockin For Rory xxx
Edged in Blue

Postby Vincent » 08 Mar 2016, 22:13

Yes, everyone, it was a magical weekend in Wijk aan Zee. I am very happy to have met so many great people and music lovers from all over the world. Great to see some of Rory's guitars in action on stage after so many years. On Friday night David Hawkins played the Guild Thunderbird as well. Great to see a small part of a Dutch collection of tour posters as well (www.reurie.nl to see the whole collection).

Thanks to all organisers and musicians, you really did a great job. Hope to see you all soon!
Vincent

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs