RORY GALLAGHER ~ 6th Furth Germany Tribute Weekend

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

RORY GALLAGHER ~ 6th Furth Germany Tribute Weekend

Postby Jay Jay » 22 Nov 2015, 14:57

Looking forward to going to the Rory Gallagher Annual Two day Furth Tribute in Germany, next weekend :)
Rory was always treated very well and respected in high esteem as a musician over in Germany, as we can see from the Rockpalast concerts over the years..The Rory Gallagher Band was usually top of the bill :)
More details of this 6th Furth RG Tribute here http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/news/201 ... y_2728_nov

RG Furth Germany Tribute.jpg

ROCK ON for RORY
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ 6th Furth Germany Tribute Weekend

Postby Edged in Blue » 25 Nov 2015, 20:02

Well another fabulous tribute to Rory this weekend in Germany and must say really looking forward to this one.
Meeting up with all these warm and friendly people sharing the wonderful music of Rory. Anyone who organises these tributes deserve a medal well done Stefan.
Well Rory we shall raise a glass to you that's for sure... Safe journey to those who are travelling and see you Friday for a Rockin Weekend to Rory ️xxx
Edged in Blue

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Dec 2015, 19:07

Back late last night from this wonderful weekend two night Rory tribute at the Kofferfabrik in Furth near Nuremburg in Germany

On Friday 27th we start with a very young band called "Etched in Blue". Be sure that these young gentlemen are the future of the (German) Rory-scene! Great guys with a rocking attitude!".. I concur and as Stefan so truly stated there. Nico (vocals / lead guitar) was rockin with Daniel on bass and drummer Ben, who I was really took too myself as a super drummer. Rory music and legacy are definitely in safe hands for generations to come IMHO :)
Then we are happy to welcome Kugler&Waloschik! They rocked the stage with his acoustic guitar`s! And from Oslo/Norway the Bearded Babies! Asle (vocals / lead guitar) was accompanied by Bri Chambers (bass / vocals) from Scotland. They played more Rory classics with passion, to end a very enjoyable evening :)

Saturday 28th
We have a band that had their first gig on February 2013 at the Oslo RoryNights . FALL APART is a three piece band with Anselm Gayler (Remember Rory), Stefan Kugler (Paul Rose Band; ex-Remember Rory) and Volkhard Schuster (The Loop). We are sure that these guys will have a lot of fun to play for you!
Volkhard (vocals and lead guitar) whom I've seen for many years at Rory tributes is one of if not the best technically guitarists. He plays and flows through the setlist with such precision and ease. Through such Rory classics as Tattoo's Lady, Off The Handle, Walk On Hot Coals and A Million Miles Away. Plus with such great back up on Bass and Drums by Stefan & Anselm. Making a perfect vorsprung durch technik trio :)
Sinnerboy followed and what can you say about this band? It´s Sinnerboy and they had to be the band.. To end a fantastic weekend of Rory music to put the icing on the cake of two nights of our hero's beautiful music. Celebrated again with wonderful dedicated Rory friends, from many different countries.

Many thanks must go to the Stefan (main organizer) and all his friends concerned. Karl Heinrich (20$bill) PA guy and also for his lovely Rory exhibition :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Dec 2015, 12:05

The future of Rory Gallagher Music is safe in the hands of Nico Kiefer (vocals lead guitar) from Etched in Blue :)
With yours truly at Rory Tribute Furth near Nuremberg in Germany last weekend

Nico & JJ.jpg

Etched in Blue.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby Edged in Blue » 03 Dec 2015, 14:23

Still buzzing from an amazing weekend in Furth, the lovely warm people made it even more special, met old and more new friends - the Rory Family just keeps growing.

Friends entertained JJ and I in the day with the site seeing, mulled wine and as they call them sausage rolls, it was so pretty with the snow and the Christmas Markets were second to none.

Then Rory`s music for 2 nights YEAAAHHHH ..... it was ALL played with SO much love, passion and enthusiasm, I love to see the young bands perform "Edged In Blue" blew us away (love the name). "Bearded Babies" together with my dear friend on bass Bri Chalmers were great, "I Fall Apart" were awesome my great friends Stefan Kugie Kugler, Volkhard & on drums Anslem who did an amazing solo. Then last but least the fabulous "Sinnerboy" they were fantastic they blew the roof off ... You know I always think Rory looks down on us when his music is playing and would be SO proud.

Thank you Rory for your beautiful music, thank you JJ for looking after me as always ................ LETS KEEP ROCKIN FOR RORY ................ See you in Stockport 10th January 2016 for another Rory Tribute with SINNERBOY xxx
Edged in Blue

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs