Jim Suhler and Monkey Beat European Tour starts November 13

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

Jim Suhler and Monkey Beat European Tour starts November 13

Postby Chris OK » 14 Nov 2015, 18:49

Jim and his fantastic band will be performing in Europe November 13-26. Included dates are Belgium, Germany, Norway, Poland. He is palying tonite in Belgium I believe. Please check his site http://www.jimsuhler.com
You don't want to miss this terrific band.
Ilearned of Jim at the Rory Gallagher Tribute in NYC 5 years ago. Invited by Donal, he was the hit of the show for me. He is a great player and humble hard working man and band leader.
I thank Donal for my introduction into his music. We saw him in Dallas Texas 3 weeks ago and cant wait to go again.
Have agreat weekend and weeks. Be safe and enjoy this fine Texas bred music.
Chris O'Keefe, New York
Chris OK

Re: Jim Suhler and Monkey Beat European Tour starts November

Postby Chris OK » 14 Nov 2015, 18:51

ps. Jim always plays a nice tribute to Rory in his shows. Including his song. Restless Soul. Written in memory of Rory and his travels.
Chris OK

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Nov 2015, 20:17

Welcome to Roryland. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby willie the pimp » 18 Nov 2015, 02:27

Jim also plays in George Thorogood's band. In Feb 2011 they played in Hobart, which in itself is an amazing thing as it's a bit of a backwater as far as live music goes, so I bought tickets, reasonable seats about 10 rows back.
The gig was great, good sound, George did what he always does.
I thought to the gig I'd wear my Rory T-shirt, the one that's a copy of Taste's first album cover.
As the band walked off stage after the gig, Jim pointed to me, mouthed "Rory" and gave me two thumbs up.
He'd picked me out of the crowd and took the time to do that!
willie the pimp

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs