RORY FEST Ballyshannon & Cork ROCKS for RORY 2015

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

Re: RORY FEST Ballyshannon & Cork ROCKS for RORY 2015

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Jun 2016, 21:30

RobertaSparrow wrote:
ailish78 wrote:Hi Cynthia,
Is that the guy from Glasgow that you asked about my Rory gig in 78? What did he tell you? I just had another memory from that gig. It was the first time I saw the band play as a three-piece and I remember wondering what happened to his keyboard player. I don't know if that will help to put a better date on it.

The photo looks great, but there is just a little too much light on your face. I still don^t know how to upload pics on here either.

Have a great start to the weekend :)

:lol: Hi there, yes that person is Jim M, and he is from Glasgow, and also one of the moderators at Roryweb, AKA Monty. I believe you have chatted with him over there.

In order to post photos on the site I use Photobucket. There are similar photo hosting sites, and there are also ways to post directly, but I have not had much success doing it that way.

Jim also granted me permission to post some shots of Ballyshannon 2016. I have access to many of this year's photos, although I was unable to attend this year. I will be posting those photos on another thread.

8-) Cynthia

P.S. Yes,there is quite a lens flare on that shot- A passerby borrowed Jim's rather complex camera and took that shot. But I like the lens flare- to me it appears as though perhaps an angel decided to photobomb as the shutter clicked. ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 11 Jun 2016, 23:19

When I first saw the photo Cynthia I thought the same:- an angelic presence. I agree some photos and films show light flares,flashes etc. However some do show "angel lights". ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen.
Anyway Cynthia. I still love your photo though. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Jun 2016, 02:59

SUBY1974 wrote:When I first saw the photo Cynthia I thought the same:- an angelic presence. I agree some photos and films show light flares,flashes etc. However some do show "angel lights". ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen.
Anyway Cynthia. I still love your photo though. Subrata.x

Yes, I've thought about that, Perhaps it is a fanciful thought on my part, but Jim was extremely ill during that festival. It was a very close call because he was in need of emergency surgery at that time, but we did not know that. Thinking back on it now, it may well have been an angel there to watch over him until he got the help he needed. :) Jim probably would scoff at such a suggestion, but, you know, I believe that guardian angels exist, and sometimes we get a glimpse of them if we look for it. And the vibe at the Ballyshannon festival is always very positive, one of kindness, love, and support among the crowd, and I think perhaps that may well have been an angel there after all. :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs