RORY FEST Ballyshannon & Cork ROCKS for RORY 2015

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

RORY FEST Ballyshannon & Cork ROCKS for RORY 2015

Postby mac » 07 Jun 2015, 12:23

Any reports on this years festivals?
mac

RORY FEST Ballyshannon & Cork ROCKS for RORY

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Jun 2015, 18:39

RORY FANS..
Yes as Mac says.. please put here your photo's reports & band reviews and verdicts of these two great events & celebrations.. that took place over the past two weeks..In Ballyshannon & Cork to honour the 20th Anniversary of the sad passing of our hero Rory Gallagher.

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: RORY FEST Ballyshannon & Cork ROCKS for RORY

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Jun 2015, 19:26

Hi Jay Jay. Hope you and everyone had a good time at the Rory festivals. Judging by FB it is obvious everyone has. We had a fabulous and emotional time. I mean its sad Rory left us 20yrs ago but his music legacy lives on. I am all rocked out, so I need time to recover. :lol: :lol: :lol: I will post pictures soon. But in the meantime Rock On For Rory. Subrata. X
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 08 Aug 2015, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
SUBY1974

Ballyshannon and Cork, 2015

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Jun 2015, 19:45

Hi people,

We just got back from Ireland today. I sort of got to play out my own version of Planes Trains and Automobiles coming back from Ireland. I have photos to download off my Moto X, my daughter will help me with them later. I caught some sort of stomach bug during my travels, so I'm a bit under the weather at the moment :roll: , but those of us who did get to go, download away, it was a lot of fun (except the journey home, not so much) and in covering both festivals I saw a fair amount of Rory's homeland. Drove from Dublin, to Ballyshannon, to Galway, to Cork and back to Dublin and it was a lovely journey, one I'll always remember.

It was amazing to see so many people from all over the world gathering together to remember Rory and his music.

Well, time to recover from my plane trip. :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Re: RORY FEST Ballyshannon & Cork ROCKS for RORY

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Jun 2015, 19:51

Hi Suby & Cynthia, I'm glad you had a great time down in Cork, Looking forward to your photo's and reports :)

Meanwhile..One of the highlights for me @ The RORY FEST In Ballyshannon this year. Was a young RORY GALLAGHER tribute band, that came from Ballina in Ireland called The Mississippi Sheiks. What a great show they put on at The Lantern Bar. Everyone was up on there feet clapping & dancing to their great sounds of RORY GALLAGHER :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: RORY FEST Ballyshannon & Cork ROCKS for RORY 2015

Postby SUBY1974 » 11 Jun 2015, 20:15

Still sorting out my photos for Cork Rocks For Rory 2015. Here is a clip of Barry Barnes playing one of Rory's guitars ( belonging to a fan), with Bri Chambers on bass; Steve Richardson (original Sinnerboy drummer)on drums; Brian Tambling on guitar. What a lovely second night and I touched Rory's guitar. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I want some of RG energy in my aura to help me play guitar for the best of my ability.:0). They played Bull Frog Blues. The band are brilliant. Enjoy. Subrata. The first time I touched Rory guitar was a red cherry telecaster belonging to Tim Jenks on 22/09/2012. Thankyou Tim for letting me touch your Rory guitar. Amazing experience.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ48OXe24lg
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Jun 2015, 18:51

Was a great Rory celebration.

I just got the files for a lot of the photos from the Ballyshannon part of the trip, my daughter still needs to send me the Cork photos she has, and I'm working on uploading them, might be a while. I'm back to work, and a bit under the weather still.

Updates to follow- :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 12 Jun 2015, 19:56

I am glad your feeling better Cynthia. Yes I will be back at work on Monday and its has been an amazing two weeks off with bookclub, Keats Literature Festival and Cork Rocks For Rory gig. Also my pal Susie is expecting her baby with her partner in Dec 2015 , just before Christmas. It was the reason we sat through the gigs, rather then dance too much. But more updates of my trip to Cork will follow. I am not posting on FB at the moment. I have personal, professional, family, spiritual, creative and a relationship issues to deal with. However being in Cork,Ireland help me think alot about my future, as I am sure Susie was thinking of hers. But I loved every minute of Cork Rocks For Rory 2015. Subrata. X. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: One thing I do know is that with the younger generation of up and coming Rory tribute bands , Rory legacy is in safe hands. :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Jun 2015, 13:55

Sinnerboy with great performance with RORY FANS singing along to "I Fall Apart "
@ RORY FEST in Rory Gallagher Place Ballyshannon :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze22iz1n3JA
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Jun 2015, 15:18

Oh, I had such a wonderful time in Ireland. I still haven't sorted through and downloaded the pics I took. My camera is dead at the moment, and the charger and cables seem to have left with my daughter. I will have more to report. But Jim Mcclymont sent him all the copies of what he took there, and he took a LOT of pictures. I haven't had a chance to separate and sort through them all, this is a screen dump of all the thumbnails that he took there, from his adjustments and test shots to the actual meant for viewing pics he took. He covered a lot more of the festival than I did, and his camera was always with him.

Rather than wait and post them one at a time, with Jim's consent I post them all here. Even the ones of me that I dread to see. Jim is a good photographer, but not a miracle worker, and the photos of me, well, what can I say? That is how I look.

There are a lot of shots of the crowd. So, if you were at Ballyshannon 2015, you may well see yourself in some of these:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5rRL7I8HW0LZ3pVQVlXT3YyXzg&usp=sharing_eid
RobertaSparrow

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs