17th International Rory Gallagher Tribute Holland

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

17th International Rory Gallagher Tribute Holland

Postby Jay Jay » 10 Feb 2015, 17:04

In a few weeks time there is The 17th International Rory Gallagher Tribute Holland.
March 6th and 7th
Details here http://www.rorygallagher.nl

I'm glad to say I'll be going this year :)
Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: 17th International Rory Gallagher Tribute Holland

Postby Edged in Blue » 01 Mar 2015, 23:18

Cannot believe this Tribute weekend is nearly here. Ready for some more Rory music and meeting all the wonderful people who gather to this beautiful place in Holland xxx Safe journey everyone X :) :)
Edged in Blue

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Mar 2015, 10:47

We had a wonderful time at 17th International Rory Gallagher Tribute in Holland / Netherlands celebrating Rory's Birthday & life :)
Wijk Aan Zee is a lovely little village / town by the seaside. Similar to Ballyshannon with a population around just over 2000.
The folk here make you feel most welcome. You see lots of familiar faces /Rory friends usual suspects lol, at the Rory tribute here too that you see @ The Rory Fest in Ballyshannon.

The venue for all gigs are held @ The Cafe de Zon. All the bands throughout the weekend played Rory's music to a high standard of musicianship..Last Fair Deal - Laundromat - ( Many Acoustic Performers) - Taste Of Rory - Sinnerboy.
Last Fair Deal from Spain kicked off the gigs on Friday evening. They are a young band, yet none the less carried the spirit of Rory's music completely. Just like our old friends Sinnerboy do and did, later on Saturday night playing the final gig. A special highlight mention & moment throughout the weekend was at the Saturday afternoon acoustic gigs. Where Barry Barnes (Sinnerboy) played Rory's Ibanez twelve string guitar, owned now by Vincent a member on this forum. He played Wheels Within Wheels and there was not a dry eye in the house :cry:

Many thanks must go to all the organizers of this great and fantastic event and tribute to Rory Gallagher.. Paul & Linda, Anja & Theo, plus Jan the PA man and all the other Dutch folk that make this weekend event very special.

PS. Great to see my old buddy again after a few years Tony Edwards (Secret Agent) playing some lovely music for Rory. @ the acoustic sessions on the Saturday afternoon too :)
Jay Jay

Postby Edged in Blue » 09 Mar 2015, 22:52

Well put JJ it was a truly fantastic weekend, all the people were so kind & friendly .... the musicians were just awesome the way their love & passion shone through for Rory.

It was great to see all our friends and meet more new friends what wonderful stories they all have to tell.

Well a couple more gigs to see Sinnerboy before the big tribute in Ballyshannon.

Thanks for your Company JJ and getting me there & back safely xxx
Edged in Blue

Postby Vincent » 10 Mar 2015, 23:45

Thank you JayJay for your nice report! Nice to meet you too! Here's a little clip of Barry Barnes playing 'Wheels within wheels'. The sound quality is not so good unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3k1HE8 ... e=youtu.be

Many thanks to all people that organized this great event!
Vincent

Postby Madrid74 » 12 Mar 2015, 02:19

JayJay, Edged in Blue thank you for your posts and Vincent thank you for sharing the video, really had to be a very very special moment.
Madrid74

Postby Vincent » 05 Apr 2015, 20:28

I just found a much better clip of Barry Barnes playing 'Wheels Within Wheels' on Rory's Ibanez 12-string @ the Dutch Rory Gallagher tribute 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf8LXprRlwE

Many thanks to Barry Barnes and Danny Vlaspoel!

Enjoy!
Vincent

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Apr 2015, 22:28

I loved watching Barry play the very guitar Rory used to play Wheels Within Wheels. Thankyou Vincent for lending the guitar. Very emotional. See you all in Cork in eight weeks time. Countdown has begun for me. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs