Going to any Rory Gallagher Tribute Events in 2015?

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

Going to any Rory Gallagher Tribute Events in 2015?

Postby Jay Jay » 29 Dec 2014, 09:33

With Rory's 20th Anniversary of his passing in the new year..
Who of us here have got "Rory Gallagher Tribute Events" they are planning to attend in 2015, and where??

Rory Calendar 2015.JPG

Rory Fest.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: Going to any Rory Gallagher Tribute Events in 2015?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 29 Dec 2014, 12:56

I just booked the flights. Ballyshannon and Cork, May and June respectively, and perhaps Nantwich if and when, don't think the dates and locations are solidified there, though. 8-)

Update: I just got the ticket confirmations, and am now recovering from sticker shock from seeing the totals :o :o :o . But it will be worth it. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 29 Dec 2014, 16:15

Just awaiting for our annual leave to be approved from work. Always tricky. Susie and I will hopefully be there for the Cork Rocks for Rory festival in Cork and I am hoping to fit in Dublin on this trip. We will also visit Rory in Ballincollig of course and I have a few gifts to give him next year. Yes very much looking forward to it and hope to see everyone there for the 20th Anniversary. It will be a sad occasion in one way but Rory would want us to celebrate his life and music. I must not forget that. Rock On For Rory. Subrata.x :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby AnnaMaria » 30 Dec 2014, 09:53

Sorry about my off topic question :roll: but I want to know. I´m riding a horse from Ireland named Willie. Then I just noticed on the site that his name is "Ballinaglogh Willie".
Is this a Place in Ireland or just an Irish name?

On to the real topic. I really tried to get a bunch of nice ladies over there and it ended up with "Mia, your....musictaste is so....strange" and "Maybe we should go to England instead" So it looks like London, Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath instead. You can´t Always get what you want, I just wonder do I really need a Bath?

And my musictaste...it isn´t strange is it? :mrgreen:
AnnaMaria

Postby dave h » 30 Dec 2014, 21:00

ronnies -macclesield- jan22 - sinnerboy
moses gate - farnwoth-feb 13 -sinnerboy
zoo bar - st helens-feb 27-sinnerboy
not got past feb yet but that will start the year off nicely.hope to see a lot of friends in attendance
Last edited by dave h on 06 Jan 2015, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
dave h

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Jan 2015, 17:38

Sadly, most of these tributes are on the other side of the globe. But I'll catch a few this year- :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Jan 2015, 17:50

RobertaSparrow wrote:Sadly, most of these tributes are on the other side of the globe. But I'll catch a few this year- :mrgreen:
dave h wrote:ronnies -macclesield- jan - sinnerboy
moses gate - farnwoth-feb -sinnerboy
zoo bar - st helens-feb -sinnerboy
not got past feb yet but that will start the year off nicely.hope to see a lot of friends in attendance

Happily & luckily :) .. most of these RORY GALLAGHER tribute are on the right side of the globe, from our perspective..
See you soon in your hometown Dave H ;)
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Jan 2015, 20:36

AnnaMaria wrote:Sorry about my off topic question :roll: but I want to know. I´m riding a horse from Ireland named Willie. Then I just noticed on the site that his name is "Ballinaglogh Willie".
Is this a Place in Ireland or just an Irish name?

On to the real topic. I really tried to get a bunch of nice ladies over there and it ended up with "Mia, your....musictaste is so....strange" and "Maybe we should go to England instead" So it looks like London, Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath instead. You can´t Always get what you want, I just wonder do I really need a Bath?

And my musictaste...it isn´t strange is it? :mrgreen:

I have been to Windsor,Bath and Stonehenge. I live in London - great city but too busy. I am Brit Asian and my origins are Indian, Bengali. I love Southern England and Cornwall for loads of reasons. I adore Bath and Glastonbury town and will visit there in August 2015 as I do every year. I am glad Cork is south as well. I am Southerner and Susie is the Northerner. Susie was born in the South but lives Scotland. Anyway have a great trip. Subrata.x Bath is an amazing healing place.
SUBY1974

Postby photofinish » 01 Jan 2015, 23:38

Moses in Feb...looking forward to it..
photofinish

Postby Sid_Sidow » 03 Jan 2015, 02:26

Trying to decide WHAT to do!!!

For Christmas, my son bought me one way ticket to Europe (not Ireland)... Wait...one way???
But he and his younger brother planned to meet me in Ballyshannon. I worry the time will be too tight. But now I understand the Rory Rocks Cork festival is the following weekend. So now I'm not sure how to plan.

Would love to hear from anyone of their preference. I know I read a post somewhere questioning why Ballyshannon when he only lived there a few years. But in the same post he questioned how Cork thinks of Rory. He mention Trip Advisor's ranking of Rory's gravesite ( something I initiated in 2013) as so low to say they really didn't think much of him!?

Visited both cities on the 2013 trip, hoping to make the best trip with my boys in 2015!! ss
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Rory Tributes ~ Rory Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs