RORY FEST Ballyshannon 2014 Opening + Video's + AFTER-TASTE

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

Re: Ballyshannon 2014 Anyone?

Postby jenniferj » 24 Jan 2014, 23:43

Jay Jay, I think the photo is from 2008. I don't think tommy lee was there in 2006.
Cheers,
Jennifer
jenniferj

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Jan 2014, 11:38

jenniferj wrote:Jay Jay, I think the photo is from 2008. I don't think tommy lee was there in 2006.
Cheers,
Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer, for that clarification..
Tommy Lee was at the Rory fest last year with his grandad Tommy. You'll be surprised to see how tall and grown up he is now.

Rock On for Rory in Oz
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby photofinish » 25 Jan 2014, 19:16

How is Tommy these days..???
photofinish

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Jan 2014, 14:47

photofinish wrote:How is Tommy these days..???

Hi Mark, rather than I say. Ask him yourself by befriending him here on this FB link and..
While your at it confirm the request I sent to you some time ago now too ;)
https://www.facebook.com/tommy.mcdonnell.146?fref=ts
Jay Jay

Re: RORY FEST ~ Ballyshannon 2014 Anyone?

Postby Tibbierocks » 12 Feb 2014, 12:05

I would love to go, but I have no one to go with and I'm too big a wuss to travel to Ireland by myself. :( 2014 was the year I was meant to finally get over to Ireland, but then I broke up with my boyfriend who I was going with, so that appears to be that.
Tibbierocks

Postby keltic wolf » 15 Feb 2014, 17:25

Tibbierocks wrote:I would love to go, but I have no one to go with and I'm too big a wuss to travel to Ireland by myself. :( 2014 was the year I was meant to finally get over to Ireland, but then I broke up with my boyfriend who I was going with, so that appears to be that.

Hey Tibbie ..i assume your a female Rory fan like myself.....dont worry about goin lone wolf to Ballyshannon you meet so many nice people .....the first year i went by meself (due to friends not having an appreciation of good music or understanding of Rorys god like status) ...the unvailing of rorys statue...forget about the b/f life is too short to miss Roryfest
Here I am...where are you?
keltic wolf

Postby Tibbierocks » 15 Feb 2014, 17:56

Indeed I am female. If I lived in Ireland, then yes, I'm sure I'd do it, but flying over from the UK... I've only managed to travel by train to a few places close to where I live. I'm not the bravest person in the world. I dying to get over to Ireland, not just because of the Rory connection, but because of my family come from Dublin and I've never been. I'm hoping I might end up befriending some UK Rory fans who are going and tag along with them. I am a big scary cat, I know.
Tibbierocks

Re: RORY FEST Full Lineup ~ Ballyshannon 2014

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Mar 2014, 17:52

On the eve of Rory's Birthday the full lineup for the Rory Fest will be announced at Owen Roes in Ballyshannon..
This is the house / place where RORY first lived with his family :)
With the RORY Tribute band " MOONCHILD " playing there tonight :)
https://www.facebook.com/RoryGallagherI ... teFestival

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 May 2014, 14:25

Tibbierocks wrote:I would love to go, but I have no one to go with and I'm too big a wuss to travel to Ireland by myself. :( 2014 was the year I was meant to finally get over to Ireland, but then I broke up with my boyfriend who I was going with, so that appears to be that.

2014 was going to be my year too, but then economic worlds collided for me, but next year for sure! And I'm a wuss about traveling by myself as well (at least so great a distance) so my daughter has agreed to go along in 2015, at least she has agreed so far, but when the time comes, if she can't get the time off, I'm going to go anyway. Traveling that great a distance, into a huge crowd of people I don't know in a country that will be absolutely foreign to me is going to be scary, but I have already made up my mind, and I am going. So there...
RobertaSparrow

Re: RORY FEST LINEUP ~ Ballyshannon 2014 Anyone?

Postby Jay Jay » 17 May 2014, 19:35

RobertaSparrow wrote:

2014 was going to be my year too, but then economic worlds collided for me, but next year for sure! And I'm a wuss about traveling by myself as well (at least so great a distance) so my daughter has agreed to go along in 2015, at least she has agreed so far, but when the time comes, if she can't get the time off, I'm going to go anyway. Traveling that great a distance, into a huge crowd of people I don't know in a country that will be absolutely foreign to me is going to be scary, but I have already made up my mind, and I am going. So there...

Hi Cymthia,
Looking forward to this years Rory fest, which will be my 12 consecutive to visit Rory's first hometown :)
My favourite time of the year for celebrating our musical hero's life, with all my Rory friends :)

A year is a long time but will soon go by. Let me know before the end of this year Cynthia, if you need some accommodation sorted for you and your daughter?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs