RORY FEST Ballyshannon 2014 Opening + Video's + AFTER-TASTE

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

RORY FEST Ballyshannon 2014 Opening + Video's + AFTER-TASTE

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Jan 2014, 19:08

I'm curious, how many of you are going to Rory's festival in Ballyshannon this June?

I had planned to go this year, but fate (and mostly my former employer) put the kibosh on those plans :x :x :x (but I hold out hope for next year :) ) That's okay. I'll stay here and hold the fort while the party goes on-

So, to those who will be going- take lots of pictures and bring back the stories. Now a show of hands? Who's going this year?
RobertaSparrow

Re: RORY FEST - Ballyshannon 2014

Postby jenniferj » 15 Jan 2014, 23:45

I wish Graham and I could make it, we have usually been able to come over every two years, but we want to be there for Rory's 20th anniversary in 2015, so we have to wait. Unfortunately we can't do both years! We will watch it all with interest from the other side of the world.
Jennifer
jenniferj

Re: Ballyshannon 2014 Anyone?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Jan 2014, 09:53

Well, I'm going to be saving every cent this year, barring any more roadblocks I will go next year, for certain! :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Jan 2014, 20:56

jenniferj wrote:I wish Graham and I could make it, we have usually been able to come over every two years, but we want to be there for Rory's 20th anniversary in 2015, so we have to wait. Unfortunately we can't do both years! We will watch it all with interest from the other side of the world.
Jennifer

RobertaSparrow wrote:I had planned to go this year, but fate (and mostly my former employer) put the kibosh on those plans but I hold out hope for next year ) That's okay. I'll stay here and hold the fort while the party goes on-
So, to those who will be going- take lots of pictures and bring back the stories. Now a show of hands? Who's going this year?

Shame, I'll have to wait another year then, before two of Rory's biggest lady fans will join me and celebrate our hero's life and his music. I'm sure you'd both go every year like myself. If you had not got to travel those thousands of miles across from the other side of the world. To get to the Emerald Isle.
No worries it will soon come around for you's. I can't believe how fast those last 19 to 20 years have gone since Rory's passing.

Jennifer and Graham you'll be there in spirit with all of our Rory friends that's for sure this year anyway ;)
Is this photo of Graham, yourself, Tommy, Tommy Lee & myself from 2006 or 2008? Plus Jennifer, what year was your first visit to the Rory fest?

Graham & Jennifer TIG & Tommy Lee.JPG

Rock On for Rory in Oz :)
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby davidduck » 17 Jan 2014, 15:09

I'll be there!
davidduck

Postby RobertaSparrow » 18 Jan 2014, 09:59

Jay Jay wrote:
jenniferj wrote:I wish Graham and I could make it, we have usually been able to come over every two years, but we want to be there for Rory's 20th anniversary in 2015, so we have to wait. Unfortunately we can't do both years! We will watch it all with interest from the other side of the world.
Jennifer

RobertaSparrow wrote:I had planned to go this year, but fate (and mostly my former employer) put the kibosh on those plans but I hold out hope for next year ) That's okay. I'll stay here and hold the fort while the party goes on-

Shame, I'll have to wait another year then, before two of Rory's biggest lady fans will join me and celebrate our hero's life and his music.
Rock On for Rory in Oz :)
Slainte, Jay Jay

--------
Kind of you to say so, Jay Jay, but Rory had a lot of women fans, many whom I have met here on the Forum, and many more who never post. Rory had- has lots of lady fans, and how we feel about him is pretty difficult to quantify ;) Suffice to say he is beloved by many :D

But, yeah, if it wasn't for the great distance and expense I'd be there every year :lol: :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby chrissy d » 18 Jan 2014, 17:19

I will be there again all being well always the best weekend of the year :D
STILL GOT THE BLUES !
chrissy d

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Jan 2014, 21:21

Can't make Ballyshannon this year but maybe in 2015. We will be at the Rory Cork Festival. It just feels right this year to be just in Rory's hometown. I always feel proud walking with my Rory T-Shirt on in an airport while catching a plane to Ireland and back to the UK. Maybe in 2015 Cynthia we ( me and Susie) could meet and it would be love to see other Rory fans again. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 20 Jan 2014, 00:11

SUBY1974 wrote:Can't make Ballyshannon this year but maybe in 2015. We will be at the Rory Cork Festival. It just feels right this year to be just in Rory's hometown. I always feel proud walking with my Rory T-Shirt on in an airport while catching a plane to Ireland and back to the UK. Maybe in 2015 Cynthia we ( me and Susie) could meet and it would be love to see other Rory fans again. Subrata. x

Sounds like a plan- I am setting my sights on 2015. The 20th year of Rory's passing. We can celebrate his life, and his passage to eternity, until we can meet up with him over there ;) . And meet the people I've only chatted with! :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby jenniferj » 23 Jan 2014, 14:48

Hi Jay Jay, yes I remember that photo being taken - great memories for us. We went to our first Ballyshannon festival for Rory in 2006, then every two years since then, except this one. We didn't want to miss 2015 - special celebration of Rory's life and music, so we had to forgo this year in order to make it. I know the time will fly as it always seems to. Whenever we come back home after the festival it seems like an age till we go again, but it comes around fast. We look forward to seeing you again and all the Rory friends we have been blessed with since we first came over.
Cheers from us,
Jennifer
jenniferj

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs