SINNERBOY - Rory Tribute Gigs early January

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

SINNERBOY - Rory Tribute Gigs early January

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Jan 2014, 00:13

Anyone fancy a great early new year Rory fix?
Sinnerboy play 3 gigs soon in Macclesfield, Bolton and Colwyn Bay in Wales ;)

Details here http://www.sinnerboy.co.uk

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: SINNERBOY - Rory Tribute Gigs early January

Postby photofinish » 03 Jan 2014, 10:46

Am off to Moses..staying with Simon...work permitting
photofinish

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Jan 2014, 16:36

photofinish wrote:Am off to Moses..staying with Simon...work permitting

Unfortunately Mark..
That is the only one of the three I'm gonna miss, due to work commitments. I work every Friday evening now :(
Hopefully I'll catch up with you and Simon at another Rory Tribute, sometime later in the year?
Jay Jay

Postby photofinish » 04 Jan 2014, 10:44

No bother...gunna try and get to a few more this year...though gunna miss Leeds in May as were flying back from Lanzarote that night..my 50th birthday..!!!!!!
photofinish

Postby dave h » 05 Jan 2014, 14:13

I,m going to my home town gig at the cabin.and the following night at the moses gate .hope to see some old friends there. beware the cabin holds only 100 people make sure you reserve your ticket
dave h

Postby Edged in Blue » 10 Jan 2014, 14:47

It was great seeing you Dave, what a cracking venue
Sinnerboy were awesome the place rocked. It was great seeing all my Rory friends again.
Can't wait for next weekend In Colwyn Bay.
Take care xx
Edged in Blue

Postby photofinish » 11 Jan 2014, 11:40

Great night at Moses....lovely to c Paul,Karen,Simon...sorry missed others..and big rap to Paul Carr from State of Quo for popping down...
photofinish

Postby Edged in Blue » 11 Jan 2014, 21:30

Sorry we missed Bolton but both JJ and
Me had work. Hope to catch up with you
again soon xx
Edged in Blue

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Jan 2014, 18:55

Just spent a fab weekend away with watching Sinnerboy in Colwyn Bay and.. Also sharing some quality time chilling and chatting with the Sinnerboy's yesterday afternoon, just a few miles away in lovely Llandudno in Wales before the gig :)

I've got to say the gig last night was absolutely outstanding too. I have seen Sinnerboy probably now as many times as I saw Rory live.
With also seeing many other Rory tribute bands myself before. I have to say these Sinnerboy's are still the bench mark for all RG Tribute bands, for the best passionate quality Rory music around now. Barry 'Sinnerboy' Barnes just gets better and better with age. His energy an passion were a sight to behold last night. This fairly new line up of the Sinnerboy band, with Rob Bass (Bass guitar) and Dave Burgess (Drums) are the best rhythm section of the bands history IMHO.
Here are the songs they performed but maybe not quite in this order.. and Barry pleased tell me the song / songs I missed if any? Set List..
Shinkicker, Do You Read Me, Moonchild, Fuel To The Fire, Overnight Bag, Bad Penny, Wayward Child, I Fall Apart, In Your Town : Break :
Gambling Blues, Last Of The Independents,Brute Force & Ignorance, Country Mile - Got My Mojo Working, A Million Miles Away, Tattoo'd Lady, Shadow Play, Encore - Bullfrog Blues.
A great crowd at The Park Hotel venue really appreciating this Sinnerboy performance singing and dancing along to most of these songs. By the time they got near to end with Shadow Play everyone was up on their feet. It was a joy to witness young tattoo'd ladies and gentlemen teenagers, dancing with 70 year old folk too. The joint was jumping all around me.

Park Hotel Crowd.jpg
Sinnerboy @ Park Hotel.jpg

Everyone really enjoying RORY'S FANTASTIC TIMELESS MUSIC :)
ROCK ON FOR RORY
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby Edged in Blue » 19 Jan 2014, 19:39

Well put JJ they were awesome it truly was a wonderful and memorable weekend, we owe so much to Rory for his
fantastic music.

Will start organising for May 3rd and 4th Sheffield & Leeds a nice warm up before Ballyshannon. Yeaaaahhh
Edged in Blue

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs